2008 6.4L - gas mileage

Chesney

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 super duty King RANCH !! Love it! What can I do to it to get better mileage? Getting about 11-12 right now. Automatic trans. Helllllpppppppp!!!!!!! Crew cab 6.4L.

OSCS

Reaction score
first off you bought a 2008 4x4 king ranch and your worried about mileage?? second off your truck uses diesel not gas so using the term "gas mileage" will get you laughed at quickly here. Best advice i can give you is use your search button.. there are 100 guys that have asked this same question. You have taken the time to register so please take the time research

Dtm030

Reaction score
Not much. They love gulping diesel. Even with programmers do-dads and diddly bop's they still eat it. But delete the dpf/cat and it'll help.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Dpf cat delete, a tune with a good amount of power and no smoke and a light right foot. And cruise at 60-65 on the highway and you'll prolly see better mileage. Just remember the truck weighs around 8000 +/- lbs so its gonna be thirsty. Nature of the beast

Arisley

Reaction score
I get awesome gas mileage in my old 7.3 Dinosaur. I threw a gallon of gas in the back a year or so ago. Still almost full. Wonder how long it will take to all evaporate.

BTW, welcome to the site.

patrickke

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 super duty King RANCH !! Love it! What can I do to it to get better mileage? Getting about 11-12 right now. Automatic trans. Helllllpppppppp!!!!!!! Crew cab 6.4L.

I would delete some stuff, intake and a programmer

Let me know if I can help you out with any pricing

Patrick@KEM

BTW Welcome to the Army

MINK

Reaction score
Mine sucks the diesel down but these trucks are heavy so the stop and go driving kills it.