2016 to 2003 SD wheel adapters

Reaction score
So I just found out the hard way that 16' and 03' SD wheels are way different offset. Could have known just by a quick visual comparison but was eager to jump on a craigslist deal that I didn't bother looking. Got them back to shop/installed and obviously they sit further in (would be positive offset?).

Question is, does anyone know the quick math to give me correct adapter size to return the 16' wheels to the proper 03' offset, and which quality adapters are recommended?

I could deal with the weird look of an inset wheel but the front tires rub the frame at close to full turn and my guys that drive the truck are not capable of adjusting their driving style to accommodate.

Sorry to be lazy and look for the easy answer but just wondering if anyone that's already been through it can give solid data. Thanks for any help!

mandkole

Reaction score
Yup, 1.65" is the offset difference. 2" works great and you don't need to cut on the stock studs. I've got pics on the tire/wheel thread.

Reaction score
check out shifted industries, they have a great product and caleb is a stand up guy.
So I finally got my spacers from Caleb. He uses USPS for shipping and apparently it's their fault that the second box with 2 spacers got lost?? Anyway... He tells me grinding the axle mounting ring is generally necessary to fit the spacer over it. I took the axle out and the spacer still wouldn't fit over the axle hub. I would have to grind the hubcentric ring almost completely off to fit which kind of defeats the purpose of getting hubcentric spacers. When I called him, he was already frustrated about the shipping fiasco, not to mention my guys blew a front brake hose on a road trip because we waited so long for spacers and the tire wore a hole in it from rubbing, so he said he NEVER heard of having to grind THAT much off the spacer to fit over rear hub and he would just take them back and refund my money. I said I'm frustrated too, so instead of throwing my money back at me, since you designed and manufacture this product, can you help me figure out why I have the ONLY Super Duty made with a bigger hub diameter???

Sorry for the rant, just wondering if anybody had to grind this much off to fit?

mandkole

Reaction score
Oh no.. that sucks. What truck and axle is this going on? A 10.25 axle? I've seen/read about guys with issues of spacers that weren't clearanced enough for the floating hub, but I had zero issue over a 10.25.

I posted a pic of my Motorsport Tech BORAs just so you could see them compared to yours. I would have sent the spacers back before getting after the floater with a grinder.

Attachments

• spacer.jpg
    spacer.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 78

Zmann

Reaction score
wow grind off the hubcentric casting on the axle to you can run hubcentric spacers ?

lol I agree seems like a bad choice glad you went a different route

Reaction score
Oh no.. that sucks. What truck and axle is this going on? A 10.25 axle? I've seen/read about guys with issues of spacers that weren't clearanced enough for the floating hub, but I had zero issue over a 10.25.

I posted a pic of my Motorsport Tech BORAs just so you could see them compared to yours. I would have sent the spacers back before getting after the floater with a grinder.
It's a 2003 f250 2WD, so I believe a 10.5? Thanks for the pic, mine look almost identical except, oddly enough, your hubcentric ring is about half the thickness of mine. I chose to grind down the inside diameter of the ring until it fit. Again, oddly enough, the final product ended up looking like yours.

Reaction score
I think your " good deal" will be offset by the purchase of good spacers http://www.wheeladapter.com/single_spacers.php

i would relist what you bought unless your hell bent on using them
I had a weird feeling this advice would come back to haunt me.. lol! I got a set of 2016 Lariat take off's with 200 mile Michelins for $600 including hardware and hubcaps. Spacers were $350, so I was still under $1000 all in, which is less than new tires. Of course, now that it's all done, it's what I have to tell myself to feel better, but I probably should have taken your advice when I read it.

To be fair, Caleb was there every step of the way, and he did initially tell me that some light grinding might be necessary, but I had to take more than half the thickness off the ring to make it fit, and I still don't know why.

Thanks again for all the help...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.