2000 7.3 keeps shutting off

565edge

Reaction score
My truck keeps shutting off and will start right back up. A few times it cranked for a bit. It replaced the cps with the one from Rifraff Diesel a few months back. I am not sure if it is the cps or not? I have torque pro. I did a turbo and injectors and I did a walbro fuel pump. It has a hutch mod for strictly diesel. Anything I should look for? I will install a manual fuel pressure gauge and see if it is running out of fuel or not. It just shuts off. I did not have cps problem before and installed the one from Riffraff to put the right one in. It had the grey one before.

DieselDC

Reaction score
My truck keeps shutting off and will start right back up. A few times it cranked for a bit. It replaced the cps with the one from Rifraff Diesel a few months back. I am not sure if it is the cps or not? I have torque pro. I did a turbo and injectors and I did a walbro fuel pump. It has a hutch mod for strictly diesel. Anything I should look for? I will install a manual fuel pressure gauge and see if it is running out of fuel or not. It just shuts off. I did not have cps problem before and installed the one from Riffraff to put the right one in. It had the grey one before.

Why did you go with walbro? There are cases with them being a good match but the stock pumps have been proven.

Look for fuel pressure as you mentioned...

Cps good - still sounds like a cps to me but could be fuel. Need some codes

Ipr, icp - oem and original?

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

565edge

Reaction score
Icp is new and so is ipr. I replaced when I did the t500 last year. I have less then a 1000 miles on them. I put the walbro in because I did 238/80 injectors. I checked codes and didn't have any. I did do something stupid though and the problem started right after. I have a hydra chip and plugged a superchips 1705 in to read codes. I hit tune on it instead of diagnostic. It tried to tune the truck then the screen read to call superchips.

DieselDC

Reaction score
That very well could be the problem.

Even if it did program successfully, your hydra / ts would override it anyways...

But...

If the superchips programmed halfway and stopped, it messed something up in the pcm so your chip didn’t work when you tried it. —-could be—-

If everything was gravy b4, then the superchips was the problem. You need another pcm just to make sure. See if you can borrow your buddy’s or someone to see if indeed the pcm is fried mid way.

—————signature—————

565edge

Reaction score
I called php and they said I could not damage the hydra from loading the superchips. I ordered a new CPS for it and will start there.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Correct. As long as hydra isn’t crossing terminals, pcm can’t harm it.

—————signature—————

565edge

Reaction score
I talked with clay at riffraff and he told me to check the ipr. I just did and the nut backed off and fell off. I'll get it fixed tomorrow .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I talked with clay at riffraff and he told me to check the ipr. I just did and the nut backed off and fell off. I'll get it fixed tomorrow .
Oh chit.. that will do it. Simple things will make you pull your hair out on those ole girls.. lol

live life full throttle