4400 springs

sootie

Reaction score
So, does my truck look ass low to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant comment as camera angle can change perception on a screen. I always start at the front corner, move to the side and then the rear corner to base my judgment.

Jomax

Reaction score
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Keep rubbing it in LOL, I know! It's a slow process, work is insane. I still have the rear airbags, compressor and rear king shocks I have to install..

andrewtac

Reaction score
Keep rubbing it in LOL, I know! It's a slow process, work is insane. I still have the rear airbags, compressor and rear king shocks I have to install..

What air bags? Would like to get mine lower for parking and the ride.

Jomax

Reaction score
What air bags? Would like to get mine lower for parking and the ride.

Just air bags to help with towing. I went with Hellwig Bigwig airbags. Double the size of the regular bags and 14in of travel. I don't have to worry about them limiting down travel or the ride..

Also, with how the truck is now with the factory size Michelins, truck is at 6ft 5.5in. It fits in a 6ft 6in parking garage which 99% of them are.

When I get the new rims/tires. It'll drop another inch.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Just air bags to help with towing. I went with Hellwig Bigwig airbags. Double the size of the regular bags and 14in of travel. I don't have to worry about them limiting down travel or the ride..

Also, with how the truck is now with the factory size Michelins, truck is at 6ft 5.5in. It fits in a 6ft 6in parking garage which 99% of them are.

When I get the new rims/tires. It'll drop another inch.
Thanks. I have some airlift 5000, got them after moving some tile and not happy with the rear end drop with weight in the back. I need to look and see if I can make it them work without the block. I got some cradles for them and last time I looked I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. But getting into more parking garages would be nice. Several I go to are 6'8", I don't think they are uniform and I worry about dragging the roof.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thanks. I have some airlift 5000, got them after moving some tile and not happy with the rear end drop with weight in the back. I need to look and see if I can make it them work without the block. I got some cradles for them and last time I looked I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. But getting into more parking garages would be nice. Several I go to are 6'8", I don't think they are uniform and I worry about dragging the roof.

I ordered airbags for a 2wd. Maybe see what brackets are different.

JRLott

Reaction score
Dang it, Jomax. I gave you a perfect opportunity to post your "unique" spring settling process, and you didn't bite. LOL
I agree on the measurement v look at the dang thing. Mine looks level most of the time and sometimes a$$ low, which I hate. I had an 800 pound motor in the bed and it looked really a$$ low. Put a tape on it and it was perfectly level from ground to wheel well. One day it'll get 5" OUO blocks and bars to go with the 2.5" Carli front springs and to satisfy my taste.

Jomax

Reaction score
Dang it, Jomax. I gave you a perfect opportunity to post your "unique" spring settling process, and you didn't bite. LOL
I agree on the measurement v look at the dang thing. Mine looks level most of the time and sometimes a$$ low, which I hate. I had an 800 pound motor in the bed and it looked really a$$ low. Put a tape on it and it was perfectly level from ground to wheel well. One day it'll get 5" OUO blocks and bars to go with the 2.5" Carli front springs and to satisfy my taste.

Oh I'm sorry. Here you go. LOL

ac54d22ec1ae810ea4f09fa28987367f.jpg

andrewtac

Reaction score
I ordered airbags for a 2wd. Maybe see what brackets are different.

I finally crawled under. Looking at the mounting bracket, it currently sits on the shelf that the factory bump stop limits at. The shelf has a very similar radius to the axle tube. I think I could set the bracket onto the axle tube. It might require a little grinding on the bracket. It looks like the distance to the tube is more than the height of the block. This would also allow me to use the Daystar cradles. Now I need to get some 4400 springs.

Jomax

Reaction score
I finally crawled under. Looking at the mounting bracket, it currently sits on the shelf that the factory bump stop limits at. The shelf has a very similar radius to the axle tube. I think I could set the bracket onto the axle tube. It might require a little grinding on the bracket. It looks like the distance to the tube is more than the height of the block. This would also allow me to use the Daystar cradles. Now I need to get some 4400 springs.

Nice. Mounting my airbags tomorrow evening/Friday morning. I'll make sure and post up the finished product.

andrewtac

Reaction score
I'd really like to do this soon. Anyone know if fox 2.0 ifp shocks will work? Or does anyone know the collapsed size so I can make measurements? Also, part number for the 4400 springs?

OryC

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced any front end sag after running the 4400s for a while or had any driveline/alignment issues? Went to a custom spring shop in town for work the other day and decided to ask their thoughts on doing it while I was there and those were a couple of the things that they thought would be an issue. Figured this would be a good place to get some answers from people that are running that setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced any front end sag after running the 4400s for a while or had any driveline/alignment issues? Went to a custom spring shop in town for work the other day and decided to ask their thoughts on doing it while I was there and those were a couple of the things that they thought would be an issue. Figured this would be a good place to get some answers from people that are running that setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I got death wobble from having too much caster. Cams can fix that tho. After trimming the bump stops not much else to do.

Jomax

Reaction score
I actually have LESS death wobble now that I lowered it on 4400lb springs with King shocks.

I used to get a bit of wobble on a turning freeway bridge with the expansion joints, it's 100% Gone.

Camber is set at 4.5 IIRC.

I haven't even aligned it since I lowered it. No driveline issues.

For sag, it's dead level with a rear block ******.

MorganM

Reaction score
Jomax- can you measure the distance from the center of your wheel hub straight up to the wheel arch in the fender?

I'm 22.25" front and rear. Curious where the 4400# springs measure.

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax- can you measure the distance from the center of your wheel hub straight up to the wheel arch in the fender?

I'm 22.25" front and rear. Curious where the 4400# springs measure.

Yup, I'll do it in the AM.

Latest posts

Members online