KC stage 2r Dual Ball Bearing VGT Turbo

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I know there have already been a few online reviews, and lots of rumors, but we wanted to make an official post about our newest turbo for the 6.0 powerstroke platform.

We have been working on this project for years, the first Dual ball bearing drop in VGT turbo for the 6.0 powerstroke. We decided to base it off of our already super popular KC stage 2 journal bearing turbo. We had to make a few tweaks but it is almost the same turbo, with a few tweaks and converted to be a dual ball bearing turbo. We will not be sharing all the exact specs, we are trying to slow down the copy cats. It looks just like our normal KC stage 2 on the outside

KxCJyusb.jpg

The results have been truly astounding. All testers and customers reported the same thing. WOW!!!!

This is the FASTEST spooling and most powerful stage 2 vgt on the market. Nothing else even comes close. We have had testers/customers come from our KC stage 2, other competitors stage 2, S362 and S363... They all reported the same thing. This turbo spools faster and makes more power than anything else in its class. All customers reported the same thing.

TURBO LAG IS GONE!
EGTs down about 100-200 degrees
Way less smoke in every situation
Very smooth power
1-2 mpg increase
GREAT POWER!

It is hard to describe how quick this turbo spools... but some customers reported that it makes the truck feel like a gas truck with instant power down low. Others described that switching to the new stage 2r reminded them of the first time they loaded up a race tune on their stock injectors/turbo truck and how incredible it felt. It really is awesome.

Here is a direct comparison of our popular KC stage 2 vs New KC stage 2r dual ball bearing VGT turbo. There is a dyno graph below but you can see it makes more power all throughout the RPM band... but the power increase down low is INCREDIBLE.

This test was done with 205/30
At 2500rpms
Tq increased 166 ft/lbs of tq
HP increased by 80hp

6TwPWVC.png

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Not only does the new stage 2r turbo spool faster than anything else on the market... it is putting down power like a typical stage 3 turbo.

Our dyno numbers during testing showed the turbo was capable of an easy 600-650hp. We were also lucky enough to have some testers that put the turbo to the test at the track and back up those numbers.

Ian Gebbia with Ian's Truck shop put down some impressive track numbers and killing some new mustangs.
Pushing 650hp at the track 7.8 @ 89mph which translates to a 12.3 @ 110mph

Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrwOxEoUI4A

jbolen323

Reaction score
pictures and video do not do it justice, that is all i can say, being local to Kc ive seen a few things ;)

Definitely a good choice for stock to mild trucks !

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Any more info on this beast? Looking to do a turbo on my tow/work rig

Results have been AWESOME! It is truly an incredible turbo. We also did not forecast sales very well, orders came in so fast that we ran out of stock on some parts. We have them on order and plan to start selling again soon.

We are also going to make a few tweaks to the turbo soon. Should help it to spool even faster.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
So will it work with stock sticks and tuning? And if so how would it spool compared to the stocker? I'm just looking for a drop in egts

quick_draw

Reaction score
Results have been AWESOME! It is truly an incredible turbo. We also did not forecast sales very well, orders came in so fast that we ran out of stock on some parts. We have them on order and plan to start selling again soon.

We are also going to make a few tweaks to the turbo soon. Should help it to spool even faster.

Please hurry up with parts and tweaks as my build is coming to the finish line and I'd love to put this on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
So will it work with stock sticks and tuning? And if so how would it spool compared to the stocker? I'm just looking for a drop in egts

It spools very well on stock injectors... better than any pmax, stage 2, or stage 1 on the market.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Ok good to know. I'll be doing that here shortly. Can you tells us about these tweaks or is it too secret?

Latest posts

Members online