Redneck, cheap dual hpop

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Cutting torch,grinder, unbalanced bracket to hold a pulley on the crank, small pump and you have a dual hpop setup LOL have no idea if it'll work but haven't seen anyone try so here I go Wood%20Buffalo-20110521-00356.jpg

shu873

Reaction score
Funny thing is if it was anybody else posting this I'd laugh it off... But you're just crazy, creative, and redneck enough to pull it off. Your chit isn't always pretty, but most of the time it works.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Wow Shawn, now how do you connect the hoses? and whats the rpm ratio to the engine. and when ya building mine?

Last edited:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
they were like 6.99 a pulley so i got a few different sizes, i'm goin to start 1-1 on the ratio. NHRDA mission.bc june 5 i'm goin to see what gives, i'll have it mounted in the next couple days but will have to wait till tuesday to get lines made, long weekend, everything closed around here

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I remember tadd took his dual HPOP off because he thought it was creating too much pressure and spinning the crank bearings. What do you think.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Tadd was spinning the motor to 5000 rpm, this lil pump don't put out near what a second stock one does

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
For the ratio, couldn't you just look at ( on a spare motor ) the tooth count and size diff between the factory HPOP pulley and the crank pulley and get =???

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Funny thing is if it was anybody else posting this I'd laugh it off... But you're just crazy, creative, and redneck enough to pull it off. Your chit isn't always pretty, but most of the time it works.

yup, that seams to be the best way to do things sometimes.

look at that S-10 at TS, ***er just flat works

motoxracer42

Reaction score
tadds hpops work just fine so far. he was spinning bearings due to the high rpms. they were running over 5500rpm and tadd was testing alot of different parts. the blame got put on the pumps but there were other issues. june 5th is gonna be a blast. i cant wait to see shawns creation in person let alot line up next to it. truck like always is going to be a beast. keep up the good work buddy

Dzchey21

Reaction score
glad to see you made it over matt....

Also glad to see that your truck seams to be working with dual oil, its about time

Im excited to see what shawn comes up with, its always a good time, and it almost always works keep up the good work buddy!!!

motoxracer42

Reaction score
im just going through ficms like its cool lol. when i ran in redding my ficm voltage was at 30 volts.

Latest posts

Members online