7.3 ford to 6.7 cummins swap

Black AOD

Reaction score
They are already claiming he's one of ours LOL

I can still laugh at what they're saying over there in that thread...fantastic

Bugman

Reaction score
Do some searches and find one like you found this one.

Even Cummins guys need a good laugh.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
It will and I need a forum for cummins.

How!? You haven't said what budget you have, nor does it sound like you have the skills to pull this off kid. If wagler diesel has pushed 3500 with their dmax on an engine dyno what makes you think you can do better than a premier shop? I'm not saying don't dream. Maybe one day a few years down the road you can get into the industry and start legit building these engine. Take the hint from all the forums, you aren't gonna accomplish this with a 1g in cash and in dads garage. Set some realistic goals and ask some good relevant questions and I guarantee all the guys will actually start helping you.

Yojih123

Reaction score
How!? You haven't said what budget you have, nor does it sound like you have the skills to pull this off kid. If wagler diesel has pushed 3500 with their dmax on an engine dyno what makes you think you can do better than a premier shop? I'm not saying don't dream. Maybe one day a few years down the road you can get into the industry and start legit building these engine. Take the hint from all the forums, you aren't gonna accomplish this with a 1g in cash and in dads garage. Set some realistic goals and ask some good relevant questions and I guarantee all the guys will actually start helping you.
What would you recommend because here's the setup right now 2003 Ford 7.3 f350 dually crewcab with swamp's motorsports parts and tuner making 450hp and 1300 lb/ft of torque Brian's truck shop transmission but I want more hp and tq budget is 3k

Reaction score
That setup is really nothing to laugh at assuming that's what it's doing. It'll get you into local pulling and drag racing events and then go from there. Learn to handle that truck, then add more power as your skills go up. I was your age not that long ago and I'm glad I didn't have the truck I have now as I didn't have the experience to handle something this powerful at 500rwhp, and I started driving at 9 being a farm kid.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
That setup is really nothing to laugh at assuming that's what it's doing. It'll get you into local pulling and drag racing events and then go from there. Learn to handle that truck, then add more power as your skills go up. I was your age not that long ago and I'm glad I didn't have the truck I have now as I didn't have the experience to handle something this powerful at 500rwhp, and I started driving at 9 being a farm kid.

That is great advice. I would probably take your money and throw a set of traction bars on it if it doesn't have them and use the remainder to set up the truck for sled pulls. There's guys on here more than willing to help you with that as I don't have the know how on sled pulling. But just giving us a realistic budget is a much better start.

gwunter

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting past the 450hp and 1300tq he is claiming currently......these numbers keep coming up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Probably guesstimates given the mods. Over 1:2 hp:torque number seem pretty rare on these trucks, especially if you're spinning any kind of serious revs. Maybe the kid should put it on the dyno first and see what it really makes. The $75 I spent was worth it to have concrete proof of what mine's doing to shut some people up.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What would you recommend because here's the setup right now 2003 Ford 7.3 f350 dually crewcab with swamp's motorsports parts and tuner making 450hp and 1300 lb/ft of torque Brian's truck shop transmission but I want more hp and tq budget is 3k

Need to know what is in the truck now so we can tell what to do.