'14 seats into an obs

psduser1

Reaction score
No body work involved.

The factory OBS 40-20-40 set up is 4 major pieces:

A seat pan that bolts to the floor, one that fits the front (and can be put in the rear) of crewcabs, also fits single cabs. The other pan fits extended cabs. The pan can be used with other bucket type seats if desired.

The left and right bucket seats share foam but not upholstery. A favorite trick of mine is to swap the right foam for the left or get right foam from another seat.

The OBS center console base metal parts are different between CC/Single Cab and ext cab. I believe a little creativity could make a extended cab console base work in a crew / single but I just swapped the frames out on the one I did.

So what Brad was referring to was to use the OBS seat pan (base) and bolt the new seats to it. Not modifying the seat pan of the cab floor.

Thank you for clarifying, I didn't know that! Is this how guys are bolting 99-08 seats in the obs? We set the 14 seats in the older sd body, the holes and frames all seemed to be direct fit, even with the new track/frame.
I know less about obs interiors than I do sd, lol.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
No body work involved.

So what Brad was referring to was to use the OBS seat pan (base) and bolt the new seats to it. Not modifying the seat pan of the cab floor.

Correct.

That is how I put Bronco/Supercab Seats in a reg cab or crew without drilling even one hole.
IMG_0157_zpsd18fc6c2.jpg

IMG_0158_zpsba12abf8.jpg

IMG_0159_zps77175fd8.jpg

IMG_0160_zps3c24ecd6.jpg

IMG_0161_zpsf1958d51.jpg

ncollins64

Reaction score
So exactly what model and style seats is this that you posted? I wouldnt mind finding some buckets or bench with a console sometime and do this.

psduser1

Reaction score
Actually most folks that put SD seats in an OBS drill new holes in the floor.
Funny you should say that...

So exactly what model and style seats is this that you posted? I wouldnt mind finding some buckets or bench with a console sometime and do this.
'14 f350 crew, just an XL model. 40-20-40 front seat, no console here. He's got three kids, and two dogs, needs all the seat he can get.

Thank you for the pics, brad. That looks much better than what we did. How much height does the pan add,, over just bolting the seats to the floorpan?

Last edited:

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
The seats in my pics are from a 94-97 bronco or supercab. But you can use almost ANY seat you want

The seat pan ads ZERO height to the seats.

The supercab/bronco seats have a double track....1 for driver adjustment.....1 for rear seat access.

You can either direct the supercab/bronco seat tracks and just use the driver adjustment part OR use the 40/20/40 seat tracks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.