ZF S5-47 in, need suggestions on DS’s

JCart

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,
Looking for input with questions.
Given I have to have a rear D shaft made up to accommodate ZF swap into Tan truck ECLB, with 3.5” RSK, blocks in rear to level. I’m thinking of doing (1) single shaft, so need input from guys that have done this and (2) did you use the stock shaft ends or upgrade to SD flange on TCase rear out put and if so will one fit the BW 4407? And (3) Will rear yoke from SD fit the OBS 10.25 pinion?

I’m thinking the SD style 1/2 cap on the rear yolk will be stronger then the OBS strap?
The OBS TCase output flange has a smaller dia ring on the flange then the SD flange so either change to SD flange (if it will fit a BW 4407). Or alternatively make a spacer to accommodate the OBS ring on stock flange and put the SD ring on the output side of the spacer to fit SD universal, hope that makes sense....

Lemme know what you’ve done. Slowly setting rig up to 450-500 RWHP range to be used as DD that tows if needed to 7-10k lbs.

Thanks Guys.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about straps and flanges. Just make sure you use good u joints. Spicer or oem which are spicer..

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
CCI Driveline for the shaft. They know they’re stuff. Just call and talk to them and they’ll get you what you need.

JCart

Reaction score
CCI Driveline for the shaft. They know they’re stuff. Just call and talk to them and they’ll get you what you need.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will use someone a little closer to home as I reside in Western Canada. Shipping (in Canada), cross border bull ****e, exchange with USD, makes a lot of stuff cost prohibitive like 40% or more.

Thanks for suggestion though appreciate it.
j

JCart

Reaction score
Working top drawer, albeit a little noisier due to rollover in gearbox, new turbo internals and 1.0 A/R make for better overall performance. E fuel fed into rear of heads runs as expected... smooth to redline. IC next, then jectors, (with T500 on shelf), pending how hot it runs might include water injection with large tanks custom made to fit between box fender skin and frame at front of box.

Latest posts

Members online