7.3GreyGhost

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious.

Most 7.3 trucks aren’t worth $10,000, and the OP wants new, brand name, $6,000 wheels and tires, but expects to have to cut on the fenders and bumper to make it “fit”�. :morons:

OP, your planned “mods”, and attitude, aren’t gonna get you much love on here. If you read, listen, and learn to take advice, there’s a lot to be learned on THIS (it’s not “your”�) forum.
I’m not one of them guys that ask 10k-20k for a ragged out 7.3 we’ll even a perfect one at that. I just got this one for a hell of a deal and already have a duality for anything I need and I’ve always wanted one to just do stuff to the way I want it to and not have to worry about using it for work or anything.

What advise bud? I have literally stated before that I was always taught and I believe that no one person knows everything and you can learn something new everyday. I literally keep stating that all I wanted to do is see other trucks like it, no I didn’t know how to measure tires and honestly don’t care because like I stated before, just because it fits don’t mean it will look good to me in my own opinion. It seemed like a good group at first but I’m also not here for help on mods or anything else well at the moment anyways.

7.3GreyGhost

Reaction score
You started a public thread on a public forum and got public responses. It’s not YOUR forum. This is also NOT Facebook where you can pick and chose what you want to get back in return.

Please share your vast 1st hand knowledge on the 94.5 to current diesel ford pickups. Not what you’ve read but your 1st hand experience. We’ll wait...

Of course that’s the correct size in inches for a stock size tire when googling it. Because it’s fact! Anyone with common sense would know that! Not a replica of fact but actual fact. It’s called mathematics buckwheat. Again anyone with common sense would know that. Fact is fact.

Thanks for proving my point about lack of knowledge or ability to mock up what you want to do. “No I don’t know what my base size and dimensions are, but someone on the internet might. Instead I’ll just ask them if double the width will fit.” You have to know what you start with to know what your limitations are, then mock-up and go from there. It’s not rocket science. There’s no need to spend thousands of dollars to “see if it’ll fit”.

You want everything in life spoon fed to you and only want gratification and positive feedback, please go back to the book face.

Bye Felicia!! Thanks for the cheap entertainment!
I want everything in life spoon fed to me? Bud I literally work and bust my asz away from home for everything I have. I’ve got to much pride to take a cent from anyone and I’ll admit that. I didn’t have no first car or anything like that from my mom and dad. Anything I wanted I got my self. The point is I’m not getting or having stuff given to me now nor never and ain’t nothing been spoon fed to me my entire life and never will. It just something I’ve always wanted to build. Spend 15k and only get 4K-5k if I even decided to sale it. Don’t get me wrong the info is great and all but I don’t need it. Like I said before for the simple fact being that I can measure it all day long and find out it’ll fit and I do everything and get it set up and I don’t like it and it looks dumb to me. So in return if I don’t like it then yes I wasted money in my opinion. I do appreciate the info because I would have never known but mainly because I never would have decided to look it up.

Also once again I’m waiting on what you want to know? 1st hand experience can go a long ways on a 7.3 and 6.0 as for a 6.4 and 6.7 I have some but don’t have a whole lot of hands on, just from reading and learning about them. It’s what I like to do and always have. I don’t get why you keep saying we’ll? I ain’t got no shame in saying I don’t know as much as the next guy.

I was also simply saying that when I googled what you said just about everything you said was word for word of what it said so that kindve obvious dude unless you just memorized it one day and remember exactly what was said. Not bashing you dude but you’re over here talking about commonsense but I’m assuming you were born with the knowledge of tires right? Also never said there was a need to spend money to see if it fits. If you do the math you will know it fits obviously. It’s the fact of spending the money and I don’t like how it looks once it’s on.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I want everything in life spoon fed to me? Bud I literally work and bust my asz away from home for everything I have. I’ve got to much pride to take a cent from anyone and I’ll admit that. I didn’t have no first car or anything like that from my mom and dad. Anything I wanted I got my self. The point is I’m not getting or having stuff given to me now nor never and ain’t nothing been spoon fed to me my entire life and never will. It just something I’ve always wanted to build. Spend 15k and only get 4K-5k if I even decided to sale it. Don’t get me wrong the info is great and all but I don’t need it. Like I said before for the simple fact being that I can measure it all day long and find out it’ll fit and I do everything and get it set up and I don’t like it and it looks dumb to me. So in return if I don’t like it then yes I wasted money in my opinion. I do appreciate the info because I would have never known but mainly because I never would have decided to look it up.

Also once again I’m waiting on what you want to know? 1st hand experience can go a long ways on a 7.3 and 6.0 as for a 6.4 and 6.7 I have some but don’t have a whole lot of hands on, just from reading and learning about them. It’s what I like to do and always have. I don’t get why you keep saying we’ll? I ain’t got no shame in saying I don’t know as much as the next guy.

I was also simply saying that when I googled what you said just about everything you said was word for word of what it said so that kindve obvious dude unless you just memorized it one day and remember exactly what was said. Not bashing you dude but you’re over here talking about commonsense but I’m assuming you were born with the knowledge of tires right? Also never said there was a need to spend money to see if it fits. If you do the math you will know it fits obviously. It’s the fact of spending the money and I don’t like how it looks once it’s on.

Didn’t memorize it buckwheat. I’ve lived it. It’s 1st hand knowledge. My family owned a tire business for a number of years. When they finally sold, I bought the remaining equipment and it’s in my personal shop today. I didn’t need to look up any of that information, because I know it. Fact are facts and that’s why you got the same info when you finally googled it.

Not to mention all the pickups I’ve had over the years and done 98% of all the work on. Same with a great majority of folks on this public forum.

Sounds like what you need is photoshop. Take a jacked up SEMA truck with super wide wheels and rubber band tires and photoshop it to be a lowered height. That’ll tell you how it looks. Then the math and mocking up to see if it’s even feasible. But hey... you’ve stated numerous times now that you don’t need that help. You just want pictures of others to see. Go to the gram or back to the book face. You’ll have better luck there I’m sure.

7.3GreyGhost

Reaction score
Didn’t memorize it buckwheat. I’ve lived it. It’s 1st hand knowledge. My family owned a tire business for a number of years. When they finally sold, I bought the remaining equipment and it’s in my personal shop today. I didn’t need to look up any of that information, because I know it. Fact are facts and that’s why you got the same info when you finally googled it.

Not to mention all the pickups I’ve had over the years and done 98% of all the work on. Same with a great majority of folks on this public forum.

Sounds like what you need is photoshop. Take a jacked up SEMA truck with super wide wheels and rubber band tires and photoshop it to be a lowered height. That’ll tell you how it looks. Then the math and mocking up to see if it’s even feasible. But hey... you’ve stated numerous times now that you don’t need that help. You just want pictures of others to see. Go to the gram or back to the book face. You’ll have better luck there I’m sure.
That’s pretty sweet. I understand that, I don’t take nothing to the shop unless I couldn’t do it myself because I don’t have the equipment or anything special or I just don’t have time.

Also sounds like you’re right and it’s a good idea. I didn’t even think about it. Only problem is I don’t have the first clue on photoshop but I’m assuming google could help with that. If I could solve my problems on there I would’ve been there but had a buddy tell me about this page so I figured I’d give it a shot.

Strokersace

Reaction score
That’s pretty sweet. I understand that, I don’t take nothing to the shop unless I couldn’t do it myself because I don’t have the equipment or anything special or I just don’t have time.

Also sounds like you’re right and it’s a good idea. I didn’t even think about it. Only problem is I don’t have the first clue on photoshop but I’m assuming google could help with that. If I could solve my problems on there I would’ve been there but had a buddy tell me about this page so I figured I’d give it a shot.

I’ve used some sort of photo editing tool in the past just to get a visual on something I wanted to do but couldn’t find any pictures or info on the web about others doing it already.

It’s not a true 1st hand representation, but can give you an idea and something to either work towards or readjust your plan. I’m a very visual person so if I can get my head wrapped around the look I want to achieve, then I start formulating a plan to make it happen. Sometimes reality steps in and you have to adjust mid-stride, but that’s all part of the process.

7.3GreyGhost

Reaction score
I’ve used some sort of photo editing tool in the past just to get a visual on something I wanted to do but couldn’t find any pictures or info on the web about others doing it already.

It’s not a true 1st hand representation, but can give you an idea and something to either work towards or readjust your plan. I’m a very visual person so if I can get my head wrapped around the look I want to achieve, then I start formulating a plan to make it happen. Sometimes reality steps in and you have to adjust mid-stride, but that’s all part of the process.
I understand what you mean. I’m the same way as in I need a visual look to proceed, like something to go off of.

I appreciate it, I’m going to give that a shot and see how it works out.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Lol.. just do what you want man! You will have to lift the truck to make it even remotely close to fitting that size tire and possibly trim a bunch of chit.

Personally, i think it would be fagged up bit it is your money. Do what you wish... hell, i put like 50k into my dually and sold it to some douche bag for way less then half that.. lol..

Its common sense measurements.. most all obs and some superdutys came from the factory with a 235/85 16 tire. So most if not all of us that have put bigger tires on have done that exact measurement ourselves probably many times over. The biggest tire you can fit on a 7.3 superduty without rubbing on a stock rim is 285/75/16.. i had that size on my dually.. now a srw f350 i think you can get 305s on but that would be super close.. and im guessing that is what berman has.

In other words, you will have to hack the chit out of it to make it fit.. or lift it.. and that is gay to do to a 2wd truck. Lmao... unless you set it up for the dunes or trophy truck style.

The guy you are arguing with has been through more trucks and conversions than most guys on here and doing the work himself.. he can back it up without the interwebs because he has been there and done that with just about every platform.. he is just brutally honest.. and yes, most of us have you by 10 or 15 years and most of us have probably forgotten more stuff about the 7.3 superdutys than you have learned yet. So just relax cuz some of these ball busters will continue to do so just for fun.. lol. So no need to show your ass around here.. lol..hell, some of these guys where modding their first 7.3s when you where probably in diapers.. lol

I do like your matto that you can learn something new everyday.. that is very true and a good attitude to have..

Good luck with yout endeavors

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Leveled f350 might be able to stuff a skinny 35. But it might still rub. I haven’t had the chance to try yet.

Mine is still just a dead spring stock height 250. 305 a/t tire didn’t rub anywhere near as bad as a 305 m/t.

Zeb

Reaction score
Leveled f350 might be able to stuff a skinny 35. But it might still rub. I haven’t had the chance to try yet.

Mine is still just a dead spring stock height 250. 305 a/t tire didn’t rub anywhere near as bad as a 305 m/t.

It depends so much on the wheel. Width, and back spacing. I had my 05 4x4 lowered 1.5” up front, and 2”� in the rear and with a 275/65-20 (34”�x11”) on a factory 20”x8” wheel it didn’t rub anywhere.
Put it on a wider wheel, or one with less back spacing, it’d be rubbing on everything.
And as you noted, the difference between an a/t and an m/t, or even different brands, there will be diffences in how they fit even tho branded the same size.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
I also had 255/80r16s on my dually too.. that is over 34 tall but skinny. No rub what so ever..

live life full throttle

Yea but on stock wheels. Keeping them skinny makes a difference too. You could probably run a 35” pizza cutter on stock wheels stock height as long as it’ll fit in the wheel well. No chance of it hitting much at that point.

It depends so much on the wheel. Width, and back spacing. I had my 05 4x4 lowered 1.5” up front, and 2”� in the rear and with a 275/65-20 (34”�x11”) on a factory 20”x8” wheel it didn’t rub anywhere.
Put it on a wider wheel, or one with less back spacing, it’d be rubbing on everything.
And as you noted, the difference between an a/t and an m/t, or even different brands, there will be diffences in how they fit even tho branded the same size.

I forgot about backspacing when I typed that up. Good point. In my case the at and mt comparison was actually on the same brand and there was still a decent difference. Looking on tire rack all the tires in the same size have a different rotation per mile count and a different actual height. So it completely depends on brand and style.

7.3GreyGhost

Reaction score
Lol.. just do what you want man! You will have to lift the truck to make it even remotely close to fitting that size tire and possibly trim a bunch of chit.

Personally, i think it would be fagged up bit it is your money. Do what you wish... hell, i put like 50k into my dually and sold it to some douche bag for way less then half that.. lol..

Its common sense measurements.. most all obs and some superdutys came from the factory with a 235/85 16 tire. So most if not all of us that have put bigger tires on have done that exact measurement ourselves probably many times over. The biggest tire you can fit on a 7.3 superduty without rubbing on a stock rim is 285/75/16.. i had that size on my dually.. now a srw f350 i think you can get 305s on but that would be super close.. and im guessing that is what berman has.

In other words, you will have to hack the chit out of it to make it fit.. or lift it.. and that is gay to do to a 2wd truck. Lmao... unless you set it up for the dunes or trophy truck style.

The guy you are arguing with has been through more trucks and conversions than most guys on here and doing the work himself.. he can back it up without the interwebs because he has been there and done that with just about every platform.. he is just brutally honest.. and yes, most of us have you by 10 or 15 years and most of us have probably forgotten more stuff about the 7.3 superdutys than you have learned yet. So just relax cuz some of these ball busters will continue to do so just for fun.. lol. So no need to show your ass around here.. lol..hell, some of these guys where modding their first 7.3s when you where probably in diapers.. lol

I do like your matto that you can learn something new everyday.. that is very true and a good attitude to have..

Good luck with yout endeavors

live life full throttle
Appreciate the feedback, and yea I know I’m going to end up probably dumping a bunch of cash into it coming out way more than what it’s worth but I mean don’t a lot of us (people that do stuff to trucks and even cars) end up that way, even just by a few thousand at one point or another if not everytime? lol

That’s one reason I didn’t want to lift it more then a level because in my opinion it’s dumb to go any higher on a 2wd but I have also been considering swapping it over. The trucks in great condition so I don’t see much point in getting rid of it just for the 2wd part. I finally found some guys that had the almost exact same setup as mine. 22x14 on 33s will fit but It will rub if I turn to far. I don’t plan on this being a daily driver, I just want more of something I can do on the side with it and tune it and stuff inside and out just for me the way I like it. If that makes much sense.

I don’t know the guy like I said it was my first time ever on here or any other forum. I never been on these things. For all I knew he was just a dude behind a computer that was just a “troll”. That’s part of the reason I was here is because I know there’s a lot of guys that have been doing this a lot longer than I have, that and just trying to find examples of what it would look like for my own sake.

Latest posts

Members online