What is your next planned modification

95dieselsmoke

Reaction score
are you going to switch your power steering pump? i know the Saginaw (spelling) is a common swap for the gasers when they go hydro assist. but havent seen or heard what the diesel guys are doing.

also what size ram you looking at running?

I've heard of the saginaw on gassers but never a diesel...wonder if its something I should look into?

Not sure on the ram size as Im still researching all options. Do you have a hydro setup on your bronco? What did you go with?

broodu

Reaction score
no not yet. still trying to decide what all im gonna do. im probably gonna go with a 2x8 ram and a saginaw

ive heard that the stock pump just isnt up to the task

Tom S

Reaction score
Just did a Brite Box last week, I haven't even gotten to drive in the dark with it yet.

Next is Air Ride helper springs and Better Ladder bars! I hate these Cal-tracs so much, I'm pretty sure it hops worse now with them than it did without them.

Then I want to get up to a larger injector(probably 250-300cc) with 200% nozzle, head studs, valve springs. That will most likely require a larger fuel pump and HPOP then.

Lasty on the very long term list I have a 4R100 core to built and swap in with a PCS

-Michael

I had not read a lot of bad comments about the Cal-tracs that is interesting. The only one I had see for a while was noise.

Petro

Reaction score
Sell my 6.4 then, get rosewood stage 1s, tunes, 17* hpop, maybe a 38r down the road, and maybe a year or two down the road when i finally get my 99 put together and back to a daily driver, ill throw some huge injectors and a huge turbo on the 94 and make it my pullin truck

Peroni

Reaction score
Got my rear axle out for a rear disc brake conversion using a combo of Ford van rotors with SD calipers.

Also have to neaten up the wiring when I converted to SD valve cover gaskets.

Then finish my on board air system with in cab controls for the air bags.

There is also a Coolingmist EGT system sitting on my bench to install too.

Dieselfever

Reaction score
I had not read a lot of bad comments about the Cal-tracs that is interesting. The only one I had see for a while was noise.

It has to be something in my truck I guess. I've met and talked to John Calvert in person at PRI the year I put them on, they sent me longer bars, different pivot brackets, I've tried different tires, adjusted them up and down until my face was blue and yet my truck on a launch will hop and buck like crazy

-Michael

Peroni

Reaction score
I'd like to see a write up when you are done if you don't mind.

Here is the write up I'm going by

I made my own axle flanges and used the van brackets but for the rest I used rear SD truck parts. They were same as the van except for pad shape and the auto stores stock SD parts but not van parts. I'm taking pics and will post them up when I'm done - hopefully for next weekend!

tjl

Reaction score
I was wanting to put on an Adreneline pump, but I found a small rust bubble so some paint and body work may come first.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Stage ones, tuning, T500 HPOP, scangauge, traction bars,....oh and I'm gonna have to drop 1000 bucks in freakin tires here soon.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Well my 97 CCSB has turned in to a every weekend project
So far in the past 3 months of owner ship i have
Replaced rear brakes an hardware
replaced pass rear axle seal
replaced rotted diff cover with 08 aluminum one
replaced rotted rear spring hangers and shackles
Rebuilt a 95 D60(ball joints, u-joints, axle seals, spindle seals/bearings, pinion seal, wheel bearings, calipers, rotors,built a NEW passenger side u-bolt plate)
replaced the BEAT TTB D50 for a D60 and a RSK and SD springs
Pulled the weak stock clutch, replaced it with a new VLAIR organic one w solid flywheel, had the trans rebuilt,put on F350 front yolk, and put on some ****TY fitting MBRP exhaust.

I still need to put in my gauges and mount my F4 DP tuner(have the gauges, pod and tuner)

Also need to rebuild F350 drive shaft.

Add air ride helper bags.

this weekend i also picked up a spotlessly clean short bed, rad support and a pair of fenders that will get painted, along with the rest of the truck. Also sandblast and paint the frame while the truck is tore dwn

Also this weekend while test driving it(300+ miles) i somehow had the heater hose rub thru the idler pulley. Replaced that but the rest of the hoses need to be done.

Really didnt want a project but it will be super nice when done

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.