160/30 vs 160's

TyCorr

Reaction score
Out of ignorance, what does a waste gate accomplish on a diesel? I've hit 40lbs on my D-66 and no boost spike. I always ran a bov and gate on my old crx drag car for the obvious reasons though. when you get into bigger fuel/ turbos than mine does boost spike become an issue?

We gate to.relieve excessive drive pressure...

Last edited:

kampy

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. How's the e40d holding up w/ the tc?

I think this was for me, if it is, the trans is doing well. The trans was a ford HD reman that had about 35k on it when I bought the truck and I put a transgo tugger kit in it. I got the brand new converter for free from my boss so I couldn't turn it down, if I was going to buy one I'd get a precision.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yep was referring to you. Good deal on the e4od bit; gonna be getting a good vb and tc this summer and was curious how you liked the setup.

TERRCO

Reaction score
I agree with CSIPSD on why this has gone on for 7 pages. To the OP it's hard to sift thru all the BS and find the opinions that are from experience or veterans unless you just know all the names. Your also not making it easy. Going by your original post I would go with stage 1s from ( Swamps,Jim ,Beans,ect) whoever you like and slap a Tymar on it and call it good. Why would you wanna run your setup at its limits. Stay safe and save the limits for those steep hills or heavy tows where you'll need that little bit of room for extra egts. That stock turbo from what I've been told by many veterans won't last long over 30psi. Any tuner no matter the injector can keep it below that. Your answer seemed simple but too many 16 year olds opinions will make you read past some good post by some smart people. Forget this thread and call the company building your injector, preferably a sponsor here. I got all my answers from just reading a lot of different threads on TDS(back in the good old days)and PSN(also back in the good old days). I finally made decisions based on people's experience and by listening to builders advice. Good luck

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I spoke with both the tuner and the injector builder, amongst lots of thread reading. These obs turbos handle 33-34psi just fine for years upon years, so I feel for the limited time I drive the truck it will be reliable.

Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Members online