Over 500hp with stock injectors

Reaction score
Dyno numbers

Tire size will not affect the max number on the dyno. It will only change the rpm band and the graph. We have been dynoing for 15 years and have done thousands of dyno's , the dyno dosen't know or measure the weight of the tire period, it will use a calculation based on the gear ratio and tire height to achieve the number.

sootie

Reaction score
So a truck with 3:73's and 31" tires will dyno the same as a truck with 3:73's and 36" tires?

noooooope.

sorry to burst anyones bubble but if you have a look thru Waynes turbo testing thread, partway thru he upsized to 38s and it hurt the numbers substantially.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
So a truck with 3:73's and 31" tires will dyno the same as a truck with 3:73's and 36" tires?

Bill has toldme that he believes I could pick up 15-20RWHP switching back to my factory wheels/tires for a dyno run. I just believe that dynoing in street trim is the way to go.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
noooooope.

sorry to burst anyones bubble but if you have a look thru Waynes turbo testing thread, partway thru he upsized to 38s and it hurt the numbers substantially.
That's exactly what I thought matt. I saw the same thing at a local dyno. Guy with a 6L had 35" tires and dyno'd....came back with stock tires and put down like almost 20hp more

Reaction score
Dyno numbers

The same truck with different tires may change a few horsepower due to your not going to get the exact run everytime, load etc. Also straping the vehicle down won"t be exact either. Keeping that in mind it may change a few horsepower, I have seen 5-10 hp. difference, with the tire size you are referring to. There is no way your going to get 50 to 100 hp, with tire size.

swinky

Reaction score
Tire size will not affect the max number on the dyno. It will only change the rpm band and the graph. We have been dynoing for 15 years and have done thousands of dyno's , the dyno dosen't know or measure the weight of the tire period, it will use a calculation based on the gear ratio and tire height to achieve the number.

So how does it compensate for the heavier tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
The same truck with different tires may change a few horsepower due to your not going to get the exact run everytime, load etc. Also straping the vehicle down won"t be exact either. Keeping that in mind it may change a few horsepower, I have seen 5-10 hp. difference, with the tire size you are referring to. There is no way your going to get 50 to 100 hp, with tire size.

Are effing serious?

Soooooo.....9ft tire and 2.73 ought to do just fine.... :doh:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Fact is tire dimensions and gear ratio can have an extreme effect on a dyno#.
Up or down changing the finale engine v road ratio does relate specifically to the turbo.
People have seen huge jumps in power by raising tire size or gear ratio.
It depends on how your turbo responds to "Work".

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well I guess your right, I just dynoed my truck with 34 in. tires and I put down 599hp and then put a set of 195/60/16 which are 25.2 od. and I dynoed at 903hp.

Ok, so Adrian running a much shorter tire would've significantly affected his number, right? The tire he was running was at minimum, 2-3" shorter than stock, so that would've accounted for the extra 100+ RWHP.

I'm just trying to get my facts straight and I'm not bashing dyno proven at all.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Dyno numbers

I'm stating a fact that we have not seen a difference, take it for what it's worth as you can see my post's are low for a reason. That's because I'm out in the shop working on these trucks everyday, 5 days a week. And have been doing it for 32 years. Not to mention I have owned a 6.0 since 2004.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I'm stating a fact that we have not seen a difference, take it for what it's worth as you can see my post's are low for a reason. That's because I'm out in the shop working on these trucks everyday, 5 days a week. And have been doing it for 32 years. Not to mention I have owned a 6.0 since 2004.

No ones saying you don't know what you're talking about, just that you're wrong.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score

Dude.. are you serious? Don't start pitting your years of knowledge against the weekend diesel keyboard enthusiast. You will lose every time!! :poke:

Reaction score
If you have the right software and correct the readings right you can make up some for tire size. A good dyno operator can effectively compensate for gear ratio's, tire size and other aspects to give a more accurate number.

Not saying anyone's right or wrong but not all dynos, dyno software or dyno operators are created equal.

swinky

Reaction score
If you have the right software and correct the readings right you can make up some for tire size. A good dyno operator can effectively compensate for gear ratio's, tire size and other aspects to give a more accurate number.

Not saying anyone's right or wrong but not all dynos, dyno software or dyno operators are created equal.

Can make up for some yes. But the weight is the problem more than the size at that point.

Tire size isn't as much of an issue as weight. I've seen harleys pick up 10hp same day same dyno going to a lighter tire and wheel combo. I just hate dynos lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Only one way to settle this. Bring the trucks to the track lol. 600 on stock fuel with no nitrous. Dont bye it. His turbos may work. But dont buy 600

Latest posts

Members online