$2500 not sure what to do with it.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Alright follow army members. i have 2500 put aside right now and I need to know what you all would recommend for my truck. It currently has 180000 miles engine, ts 6 position with gearhead tunes, 5in DP back exhaust with 3in downpipe, tymar intake, EGT trans and boost gauges on the pillar.

Thanks for any help or recommendations.

Anything cosmetic or performance will be taken into consideration.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
its say tranny because my first thought was turbo and injectors but then the tranny would hate you so tranny first

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
Not sure one what kind of trans you can get for $2500, but you can get some good trans parts. Maybe a BTS, JW, or Racer X tc and vb to start with.

Or rebuilt stage ones-$1200
T500-$450
6.0 trans cooler - $100-200
7.3 or 6.0 IC- $100-200
E99 spyder- $100-150
Pipes- $200
IC boots- $100
Reburnt chip- $75?

Total- $2,325- $2,575

Or if you dont want an IC system ($500-$650) im sure you could put a e-fuel system together for what $400 or so. Or you get a traction bar kit from WOP for $350 minus the bars.

Last edited:

Short Bus

Reaction score
I'd say inter cooler and stage 1's, reburn the chip and if ya have the cash left get a modded valve body for the trans

Reaction score
If it was me, I'd get a 6.0L TC and BTS valve body from CT Performance first, then probably some stage I's. After that would depend on what's left. Cheers!

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I have thought about all of those things. Already have the 6.0 TC and i know that my tranny will probably be the next thing to go out on me so the truck will get a BTS but it all just depends on when that happens. As for stage ones I know the power is more but I would want to run those without an intercooler and the only thing that I am missing for that set up is the pipes. The tranny cooler is a good idea since mine does run pretty hot sometimes. I just want to get the input so that I can make the best decisions as an all around investment.

brewer

Reaction score
I'd say D60 first. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Don't even worry about a RSK right away, either. Throw that in then think about all this other stuff. Other thing cosmetic I'd do, personally, is a set of cab lights and some tint. Even if you don't want cab lights, a dark tint would be perfect for that green, I think the tint even makes the green pop on mine. Then I'd go performance stuff...but then again that's coming from someone who drives a 130k mi stock truck (performance wise, of course) LOL.

Reaction score
The 6.0L TC will handle the added power better than the original ones that came in our truck (and they are not as expensive as some of the aftermarket units). Cheers!

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I'd say D60 first. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Don't even worry about a RSK right away, either. Throw that in then think about all this other stuff. Other thing cosmetic I'd do, personally, is a set of cab lights and some tint. Even if you don't want cab lights, a dark tint would be perfect for that green, I think the tint even makes the green pop on mine. Then I'd go performance stuff...but then again that's coming from someone who drives a 130k mi stock truck (performance wise, of course) LOL.

Thanks man, I have been thinking about doing a D60 for awhile now, I just can't find a good around where I am. The truck is tinted and you are right. it does help the green pop. My picture is an old one. Maybe it is time to change that.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I thought that our trucks were an investment in the best of means. And the only reason I have this money is because this is what i won in vegas over new years.

In reality you will never get your money back for anything you put into your truck for the most part.

Atsah

Reaction score
Trucks are nice to have, but an investment they are not.. Investments are money that makes money, not spending money and then losing it..

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I know they are not an investment. I was just saying it as a conversation piece and because I know all of us here love our trucks. So they are a personal investment, well to me they are a personal investment. Just saying.

Latest posts

Members online