Shorty Redux....

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Haven't been on much and missed quite a few events in the last 18 months or so......but finally looks like that is about to change, with the shop up and running smoothly and have a little more free time, its time to get started on our first diesel project. My first shorty, that I named Frankenstein, met a tragic end, after putting her in the ditch, but I always said I will build another.......and the time has come.

A brief history on the donor truck, a very good customer of ours bought a low mile 2006 F450 utility truck that they thought was clean and well maintained. After one long, hard trip up into the mountains hauling solar panels, trailer with bobcat, his guys overheated the truck 3 or 4 times to the point of shut down. They got it towed to us and explained he never wanted to worry about the truck again......so we yanked the cab, pulled the motor so the machine shop could check the block........and after a new set of injectors, heads, studs, and everything bulletproof sells it was probably one of the best running stock 6.0s I've ever driven.........fast forward a week later, 2nd trip out with our customers guys......the filled it up with gasoline, lol...........needless to say, he was done with it.

So we decided to give her a third chance at life.........but a lil more classy a lil more power, and of course shorter.

IMG_3458_zpspssuxrwd.jpg

IMG_3457_zpsreeynx9e.jpg

78f100

Reaction score
That 450 is gonna look sharp shorted, I love them they just ride like a tank. What are you doin suspension wise?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I had a standard cab with a lightweight flatbed. Rode like a tank empty but rode nice when loaded down. I would look at replacing the rear suspension with something softer.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
That 450 is gonna look sharp shorted, I love them they just ride like a tank. What are you doin suspension wise?

I had a standard cab with a lightweight flatbed. Rode like a tank empty but rode nice when loaded down. I would look at replacing the rear suspension with something softer.

Yeah I'm a lil worried about how terrible is't going to ride......for now, probably pull the overloads and start there......its still gonna pull our race trailers and car hauler, so we'll just have to see, definitely see a possible air bag 4 link in the future

The short block just showed up from Ashville........decided to go .030 over bigger and slightly larger "stage 2" cam lol......could make things interesting

FullSizeRender%204_zpsnfzpddlv.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Pulling the overload won't help much when riding empty but could hurt when loaded heavy.

Might want to leave it for towing. Air suspension was my goal with the truck but ended up selling before I got that far.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Pulling the overload won't help much when riding empty but could hurt when loaded heavy.

Might want to leave it for towing. Air suspension was my goal with the truck but ended up selling before I got that far.

True true......maybe I'll play with leaf pack itself and see what happens, but want to get it running and frame cut first before I worry about the ride

Latest posts

Members online