High Air Temps?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hey guys. Have a 2012 with Warhammer, AFE Enclosure Kit, everthing else stock. I tow a bit. Over the weekend was coming back through mountains and noticed my Air Intake Temperature-1 was getting pretty high. I picked a number and set it at 136F. Outside temps were 94-96F. I was starting to hit it climbing. It didn't go over but nevertheless high I thought. It maintained reg ext temps when I was on typically level ground. Never been that high to my knowledge. Didn't actually think I needed to monitor but what the hell, I did, and now it's puzzling me. Any thoughts? Monitoring the wrong sensor? Dirty air cleaner? Just the way it is? Thx in advance.- Jim.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
IAT1 should be reading thru the MAF. Maybe you were reading the cold side temps of the CAC??

Sorry to say using a No Limit Stage 2 intake, which is an open element under the hood, IAT1 doesn't read higher than outside air temp (OAT) on my '15.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
IAT1 should be reading thru the MAF. Maybe you were reading the cold side temps of the CAC??

Sorry to say using a No Limit Stage 2 intake, which is an open element under the hood, IAT1 doesn't read higher than outside air temp (OAT) on my '15.

Ya going to have to research that a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.