Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Tech

Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Secondary Coolant Leak

I searched on this and figured out my issue is the secondary cooling system however I figured I'd post to see if anyone could give insight on where it might be leaking from. My leak is most likely coming from the passenger side of the tank based on the puddle on the frame and the drips coming off the passenger side frame horn. It seems like a slight leak but the system will usually take most of a gallon of distilled water when I fill the tank. I topped off the primary system and secondary before leaving for the beach (3 hour drive) and it never leaked, didn't leak while we were there, and ran cool until we got back into town. Transmission was up to 230 degrees by the time I made it to my driveway. I'm all ******d and EGR removed. Any ideas before I get into it? No visible leak from up top.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Check the quick connect hose at the bottom of the res...fairly common for those to leak (in various locations not just that one)

2016 6.7 CCLB- 4.5" lift with 37s, weight watchers, GH tunes and stg2 intake from No Limit
Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed97 View Post
Check the quick connect hose at the bottom of the res...fairly common for those to leak (in various locations not just that one)
Thank you, I will check that. I crawled under and it looks like there is a colant bypass cap and there is fluid dripping from that and down the side of the radiator tanks. Now I need to find something suitable to replace it and cross my fingers that is all it is.

Last edited by doo dah; 06-19-2017 at 12:52 PM.