IH water pump with filter.

Got4wd

Reaction score
Sorry mate I looked and I did not bring these with me, they're 850 miles away in storage. You should still be able to get one at a hydraulics shop or any heavy equipment dealer.

Thanks for looking. I litterly just picked these up. Thanks again for your help.

-6C75-4CF5-97D2-05D826E269B7-4229-0000036C566205ED.jpg

Got4wd

Reaction score
Had to remove the pump to replace the seal. Seemed easier than fighting to get the snap ring pliers in there. There just isn't a lot of room. The seal that was in there was not torn or anything. I think that it "shrank" down maybe a little and and was letting the coolant to leak. Replaced with a new Viton seal and the pressure tested it and no more leak. When I first got the oem IH pump I thought that the "on/off" valve was a little loose, now with the new seal the valve is much harder to move back and forth. Hopefully problem solved. I hate leaks!

AZStang

Reaction score
Even with the fan and shroud out of the way there still wasn't enough room? You know that pump is going to start leaking now after all that work!

Glad you got it fixed.

Shawn

Got4wd

Reaction score
Even with the fan and shroud out of the way there still wasn't enough room? You know that pump is going to start leaking now after all that work!

Glad you got it fixed.

Shawn

No I tried everything to try and prevent pulling the pump. I have 3 different snap ring pliers. That pump better not leak! Its only a couple months old. I'll drive it off a cliff if it does. :) Thanks for all the help.

AZStang

Reaction score
I installed a 6.0L fan on mine today and figured I'd replace the o-ring on that valve while I had the access. Got the fan out of the way and found the valve had already been leaking on mine too. Pump is only 11 months and 10,000 miles old. I was able to make the swap without pulling the pump. The old o-ring was very hard and brittle. I went with Viton on the new one as well.

Shawn

Got4wd

Reaction score
I installed a 6.0L fan on mine today and figured I'd replace the o-ring on that valve while I had the access. Got the fan out of the way and found the valve had already been leaking on mine too. Pump is only 11 months and 10,000 miles old. I was able to make the swap without pulling the pump. The old o-ring was very hard and brittle. I went with Viton on the new one as well.

Shawn

Was yours a oem IH pump too? And good for you getting that clip out. There was no way possible to get mine out. I even had 2 other guys try it too.

AZStang

Reaction score
I did buy this pump over the counter at my local Navistar dealer.

It was definitely weird trying to get the snap ring pliers into the two little holes of the snap ring using only a little inspection mirror. Once it pops out of the groove, a small screw driver can pry it out the rest of the way.

Shawn

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I just bought mine from dieselsite.
All bolts, correct hardware, hoses, thermostat, gaskets and Loctite came with the kit.
The coolant filter has a ball valve for when you change the filter without draining the system too.
No grinding required.

9b22ce6c249d07207dc1c500befbd7d9.jpg

7804b4285e3a652f0c89b24a308a874e.jpg

676baec55bbde666f3adf7caa438a233.jpg

Tapatalking from a wind turbine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online