97 7.3 Noisy inside csb

Bigmama97

Reaction score
Anyone with ideas to help with engine noise inside the truck.. aftermarket up pipes and new 364.5 and 180s

JCart

Reaction score
I used Resisto product self adhesive, modified bitumen, aluminum sandwich it’s about 3-4mm thick, put in double layer on floor pan and rear wall do CC. Plus did door skin single layer. Also pulled foam backer rod through the door seals. Didn’t do the roof or pillars, but made a significant difference. Also put a close cell foam layer on top of the Resisto on the floor pan.

Next truck I’ll try the Resisto sound deadening product, either way worth doing I think.
j

dsberman94

Reaction score
I used fatmat in my SD. Floor and rear wall and rear pillars up to the seatbelt. I think I ordered the thickest stuff they have available. It’s just sound deadener, not an insulator, but it helped some. You’ll never get it new truck quiet in there but you can try to make it tolerable.

JCart

Reaction score
Old96stroker,
Bahahahaa, knew that would pop up sooner than later. No question the 6.7 is quieter, more creature comforts, more powerful etc., only a few downsides. Taking it to the dealer for work on it, purchase price and maintenance cost.... thanks I’ll keep my old clattering noisy 7.3 that will have house construction sound insulation in it soon!
Cheers,
j

mandkole

Reaction score
Got matting in the doors and floor. The area where it needs it the most is up behind the cowl tray— it is quieter (especially road noise), but still sounds like the 42r is sitting on the dash haha. Have bedliner on the VCs also. It will seem quieter for awhile , but it’s a 7.3 .. 😉

friskyjake

Reaction score
HI What size backer rod did you use. Also did you completely remove the weather stripping from the truck? it looks like a job removing all the stuff covering the stripe. I have owned the truck since new. In fact I order it from Ford. took 4 months to come to me. 1995 f350 4x4 s/ rear wheel. Oh & I live in Delta BC.

JCart

Reaction score
HI What size backer rod did you use. Also did you completely remove the weather stripping from the truck? it looks like a job removing all the stuff covering the stripe. I have owned the truck since new. In fact I order it from Ford. took 4 months to come to me. 1995 f350 4x4 s/ rear wheel. Oh & I live in Delta BC.

Nice to see other local on here!

3/8” backer rod is what I used and will on Tan White Tan truck soon. As I recall just need to remove the floor trim plate. Then gently pull the stock door jam seal rubber out. I also used steel fish tape, some black electric tape and soapy water. Carefully run fish tape through tube in door seal, be careful not to tear, helps to lay out in a straight line as possible. Then using tape attach backer rod to fish tape and wrap a ways down backer rod. Dampen with soapy water and carefully pull through door seal tube. Go slow and be careful not to tear B Rod or hole door seal. Re install, door will shut a little harder and you might have to adjust the striker post just a tad, until B Rod compresses.
Cheers.
j

Latest posts

Members online