S&B vs Banks

timatoe

Reaction score
Hey guys new here. I've got a bone stock '08 that I've had for several years. I use it primarily as a tow rig to get my Jeep places further than it's comfortable to drive.

With the recent addition of a cab over camper I'd like to try and make some light mods to maybe improve the performance a bit.

I'm in CA where we even have to smog diesel trucks so I can't get too crazy in the mod department. I'm thinking helping it breathe better is a good start. So I'm looking for suggestion on the air intakes. Not asking what's "best" necessarily but rather if the Banks Ram Air is better than the S&B? The cost difference isn't that great, but if it's not worth the cost difference then there's no reason to spend more money.

Thank for the help.

timatoe

Reaction score
In addition to smog checks any engine mods have to be CARB approved and come with a CARB EO# sticker, so I'm somewhat limited there as well. I'm not finding anything on No Limit about being CARB approved.

Lipka101

Reaction score
You are better off just leaving the stock intake on. Unless you are removing other parts there is no reason to do an intake. Especially if you are concerned with smog checks and CARB stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
You are better off changing the cold side charge air pipe from the pinched down stock. For me that was the biggest improvement other than tuner. There are a ton of companies that make them.

Latest posts

Members online