Cracked Elite HD UP Pipe

Reaction score
Gentlemen, i need some help. I've got a set of Elite HD UP pipes that cracked really bad.

Do you think this is worth repairing? What do you think caused the failure?

I believe the welds were not the greatest.

2c35e2a4364d2dfa0652264e9b4b37c4.jpg
bbaacbf47bab944f3e1c0c4599c49202.jpg
ad355ce38e6461af4faa690001527ad7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I would repair it. That's a stress crack, nothing to do with weld quality

HossDieselWorks

Reaction score
Or, if you wont be going back to an EGR in the future I would get rid of the EGR provision and if you can/have someone weld it all back up for you.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Would it be a good or bad idea to cut that (egr) pipe right off the up pipe..
I am in the middle of switching trucks and swapping engines and I wanted to do that. For these reasons
1.)flow.. assuming air flows like water.. under low boost low cfm there's probably some turbulence that would take place since it's blocked off and forced up and back down that pipe.. unless high boost high cfm and it just bypasses but still.. or do you think it bypasses it completely and no need to remove it..

2.)If you're going to put a gusset on a piece of pipe that does nothing.. because it might (or might not of..just saying) cracked the rest of the up pipe why not ****** it?

3.) pointless.. but looks.. it looks like a mutant finger growing from my up pipe.. lol cut it off weld the hole or cut a 3" section and replace it with straight pipe?

Good or bad ideas.. thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Would it be a good or bad idea to cut that (egr) pipe right off the up pipe..
I am in the middle of switching trucks and swapping engines and I wanted to do that. For these reasons
1.)flow.. assuming air flows like water.. under low boost low cfm there's probably some turbulence that would take place since it's blocked off and forced up and back down that pipe.. unless high boost high cfm and it just bypasses but still.. or do you think it bypasses it completely and no need to remove it..

2.)If you're going to put a gusset on a piece of pipe that does nothing.. because it might (or might not of..just saying) cracked the rest of the up pipe why not ****** it?

3.) pointless.. but looks.. it looks like a mutant finger growing from my up pipe.. lol cut it off weld the hole or cut a 3" section and replace it with straight pipe?

Good or bad ideas.. thanks!

*I don't want to buy the "non egr provision" and have access to free metal tools shop.. easier for me..

Reaction score
Well got it all done. I gusseted the weak spot on the egr provision.

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice. Hopefully I don't have to do that again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online