Flat or tapered rear blocks

MMHA

Reaction score
I have a CCSB with a 1 piece drive shaft. It seems most say a 2.5 degree taper, but I’ve also read people that say it calls for a flat block.

11KingRanch

Reaction score
Talked with a guy from PMF today about buying traction bars and I was asking this exact same question. He told me tapered blocks were only for 2 piece driveshafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMHA

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered a complete setup from Trevor at pmf today, and he recommended the same.

After reading forums I seen people recommending different things. Probably read to far into it and the conflicting info had me confused. Just wanted to be sure before I got the parts and bolted them up

11KingRanch

Reaction score
Same here, did a little too much research lol. I am ordering the block mount kit sometime this weekend

doo dah

Reaction score
I have a CCLB and just removed 4" tapered blocks and replaced them with 2" factory blocks off a CCLB and those were flat. Didn't really notice a vibration with the tapered but the flat do seem smoother so I guess there must have been a little vibration that I just got used to. I always thought tapered for short beds due to the angle of the 1 piece driveshaft but I could be wrong.

11KingRanch

Reaction score
What gets me is the guy at PMF told me flat block for short bed trucks, but I have an 8” block in the back and it’s tapered and no vibrations or anything. Makes me skeptical to buy a flat block.

I ordered my traction bars and just decided to go with the bolt on and leave my block alone. Don’t want to go changing it if it’s fine how it is

Latest posts

Members online