‘13 HPFP limits

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
So I have the MPD 64.5 kit with full piping, tuning by NL. When I try to give it full throttle it initially feels like it’s making good power and then it feels like there’s a stall. Almost as if I was letting off the throttle a bit. As soon as it shifts to the next gear it feels like it’s pulling well again. What do I need to monitor rail pressure and what psi should that be? Just trying to decide if it’s tuning, transmission, or just because my HPFP is maxed out. Thanks for any help.

sootie

Reaction score
Watch rail pressure actyal vs desired with FORScan. I bet your dropping rail.

sootie

Reaction score
whatever the tune calls for. You need to monitor when the truck does the symptoms you describe. Actual rail pressure should drop sharply and the desired stay level or increase, if you are dropping rail pressure.

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
How big of a variance from command pressure vs actual pressure would affect performance? Couple hundred psi or 1k psi or more? Also, what do I need to monitor on the trans for what is causing 3rd to 4th shift flare?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How big of a variance from command pressure vs actual pressure would affect performance? Couple hundred psi or 1k psi or more? Also, what do I need to monitor on the trans for what is causing 3rd to 4th shift flare?
Does it smoke like a freight train when doing so? Does it do it in the next lower tune?

My original set of Punch It Performance tunes for my 12 did that exact thing in the hottest tune and ran way better and stronger in the next lowest tune. I have a vid on YouTube when at the 1/8 mile drag strip watching rail pressure drop off bad. On long hard unneeded pulls it would actually kill the truck.

live life full throttle

08Monster

Reaction score
Does it smoke like a freight train when doing so? Does it do it in the next lower tune?

My original set of Punch It Performance tunes for my 12 did that exact thing in the hottest tune and ran way better and stronger in the next lowest tune. I have a vid on YouTube when at the 1/8 mile drag strip watching rail pressure drop off bad. On long hard unneeded pulls it would actually kill the truck.

live life full throttle
My 2014 on race tune had this happen a couple times as well. Hard pull, 120+mph let off the throttle and it killed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online