Improper tuning???

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
Got everything back together... replaced thermostat which was faulted.... Buzz test is perfect (no codes), but when I do the CCT test I’m still getting the P1271, P1272, P1277... Not getting any codes on injector 5 anymore though. Next step would be to change out uvch again? Or should I look towards injector solenoids? It’s just hard for me to believe that they all went bad at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What does the icp sensor look like inside the connection? What cam position sensor are you running? Is oil level correct? How old is the oil? What kind of oil? Whats battery voltage koeo? Whats voltage when idling?

live life full throttle

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
Just curious, how many miles, how hard have you run this rig since you got it together?

It has 250k original miles, I put 60k on it. The most I ever had on it was a tuner/cold air/exhaust. Last year an injector went out so I decided to upgrade, and it all snowballed from there. I haven’t put but maybe 200-400 miles on the truck since I dropped the motor back in. I have been very cautious during the break-in of everything.

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
What does the icp sensor look like inside the connection? What cam position sensor are you running? Is oil level correct? How old is the oil? How are the batteries? Whats voltage when idling?

live life full throttle

ICP is brand new from motorcraft with new pigtail connector, haven’t checked inside the connection. Cam position is from International. Oil level is correct with Mystic HD synthetic with roughly 400... Batteries are brand new Superstart Ultras and I replaced the stock battery cables with the ambulance OBS cables. Haven’t checked voltage at idle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ICP is brand new from motorcraft with new pigtail connector, haven’t checked inside the connection. Cam position is from International. Oil level is correct with Mystic HD synthetic with roughly 400... Batteries are brand new Superstart Ultras and I replaced the stock battery cables with the ambulance OBS cables. Haven’t checked voltage at idle.

Got all that covered then... cept idle voltage...
Cannot recall what brand uvch I bought, but I know they were over $100 bucks and came with the new pig tail connectors.

If they are not motorcraft. Then id start over with motorcraft.

live life full throttle

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but I finally got those uvch’s from International. When I took the old ones out I noticed that they had already begun cracking, and you could visibly see exposed wire.

Anyways, got the new ones on and still have the same problem. Now it’s is cylinders 1,2,3 low contribution and there is a definite miss now. Also getting a ICP code P1211.

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
It has healthy fuel pressure at 65psi and made sure the return wasn’t kinked... Still good buzz tests, but the CCT is showing random injector failures... Tried running it with the fuel pump OFF and it really mellowed out the motor as far as missing goes as well as smoke? Gonna send my IDM to Swamps and let them test it, it’s the last link in the chain I reckon.

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
What does the icp sensor look like inside the connection? What cam position sensor are you running? Is oil level correct? How old is the oil? What kind of oil? Whats battery voltage koeo? Whats voltage when idling?

live life full throttle

Checked ICP sensor and it appears as if it self destructed... Replaced ICP with pig tail connector. ICP code gone, but still no change.

superpsd

Reaction score
What is the ICP numbers now hot and cold? I would diagnose this issue to rule out the injectors but there have been many threads where the owner chased and swapped parts left and right to have random issue after issue only to give in and pull the injectors to send them to anotherbuilder to find out they were poorly built. Your paticular injector builder has had a reputation of this. Although they have alao khad thousands of happy customers so take it as it is. I can tell you one thing its a known fact they rebuild their injectors using the shim kits which is a band aid. In fact very few injector builders actually machine the oil side parts back to specifications and or replace the oil side. Pull a valve cover and pull a solenoid off and look to see if they are shimmed...

Last edited:

SmokeyTex

Reaction score
What is the ICP numbers now hot and cold? I would diagnose this issue to rule out the injectors but there have been many threads where the owner chased and swapped parts left and right to have random issue after issue only to give in and pull the injectors to send them to anotherbuilder to find out they were poorly built. Your paticular injector builder has had a reputation of this. Although they have alao khad thousands of happy customers so take it as it is. I can tell you one thing its a known fact they rebuild their injectors using the shim kits which is a band aid. In fact very few injector builders actually machine the oil side parts back to specifications and or replace the oil side. Pull a valve cover and pull a solenoid off and look to see if they are shimmed...

Yea coincidentally I had to send one of the injectors back to Full Force when I first installed the sticks. I already sent the IDM off to get tested, but I’ll check for shims this evening. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online