Rough Idle and Shake

Daniel7567

Reaction score
I have a 2002 F350 7.3 Power stroke, last week the motor started running rough and sounds like it is missing, when I drive the truck it has all the power in the world until it hits overdrive and then the truck shakes so violently it feels like it it is gonna shake apart. I cannot figure out what the problem is. I changed the fuel filter the week before and had to add some oil but I could not find the oil that was used T5 Rotella and was told that T6 Rotella would not hurt it. Any ideas would be helpful please. Gonna run a code scan on it tomorrow. The last code scan I had done showed that the ABS and Air Bag systems had codes they were B1318, B1892, B1676. I was told these codes would not make the motor run bad so I am out of Ideas.:shrug::shrug:

dsberman94

Reaction score
As Arisley said. Something with an injector not firing. Either UVCH, valve cover gasket, or injector solenoid.

Daniel7567

Reaction score
Hmmm

If it were an injector would it not smoke when started or running? I have no smoke coming from exhaust or anywhere else.

Daniel7567

Reaction score
Just did a diagnostic Code read on the truck and it did not throw any codes at all. The intake Manifold absolute pressure is at 28.2NHG and misfire monitor show that it is ok, all other tests passed. So now I am at a loss and really confused. I read that the Cam sensor can make the truck run this way and that there was a recall on for it but do not know if it has been done since I am the 3rd owner of the truck

psduser1

Reaction score
Cps is relatively inexpensive to replace.
Check the icp sensor, also. Drivers side head, just behind the alternator. It screws into the oil rail, and has a two wire connector. Unplug the connector, and check it for oil. Often, when the sensor fails, they will seep oil into the plug. That sensor is pricey, but they do fail.
You might also do an oil change, just to rule that out. Try a different brand of oil, some guys have had success with that.

mandkole

Reaction score
Injector(s) issue (power loss or mechanical)— slow engine speed is likely worse. A good code reader will give more info to a possible electrical issue like this. Find someone with AE or snap on reader for power stroke .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Injector(s) issue (power loss or mechanical)— slow engine speed is likely worse. A good code reader will give more info to a possible electrical issue like this. Find someone with AE or snap on reader for power stroke .
Or otc genesis or forscan

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online