cps 10mm bracket bolt

tomlin

Reaction score
My guess is there are few threads in the bottom of the hole. Get a stud a little longer then the bolt and see if it will bottom and tighten. Then use a washer and nut. Never done it on this application but it has saved me in others. This is a low load situation and would work if there are a few threads left.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
My guess is there are few threads in the bottom of the hole. Get a stud a little longer then the bolt and see if it will bottom and tighten. Then use a washer and nut. Never done it on this application but it has saved me in others. This is a low load situation and would work if there are a few threads left.

It's fixed and back together. Had a helicoil installed.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hey guys, as Tomlin mentioned. I stripped out the threads on my CPS sensor about 4 yrs ago. I took a piece of wire to measure the depth of the stud bore and replaced it with a longer one. I don't remember exactly how much depth their is in there, but I want to say it was about a 1/2". I used some very thin washer's to set the proper depth on the bolt so as to not bottom out, and as I mentioned, this was 4yrs ago.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys, as Tomlin mentioned. I stripped out the threads on my CPS sensor about 4 yrs ago. I took a piece of wire to measure the depth of the stud bore and replaced it with a longer one. I don't remember exactly how much depth their is in there, but I want to say it was about a 1/2". I used some very thin washer's to set the proper depth on the bolt so as to not bottom out, and as I mentioned, this was 4yrs ago.

Good info. That's another way to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online