Fan clutch

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Hey guys I did a search and can't find what I need. I have been paying more attention to my fan and it sounds like it's cutting off and on. Now it's not locking up 100 percent but you can hear it engage and disengage.
My 02 which was tuned never had the fan come on the whole time I owned it. Never ran hot either. Now when it's cold the fan is engaged then after a minute or so it goes off but I can hear it coming on then getting quiet. Even with the ac off it does it. Does this mean the fan clutch is bad? It doesn't run hot either it's also stock tuning with a exhaust and intake. I'm in the process of flushing the cooling system and Damm it looks bad. Installed a new degas bottle and thermastat.
I can feel a power loss also when I hear it, I'm not towing anything either truck is empty.
Thanks in advance for any help

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Figures, now I have to go rent that fan clutch tool again and I just brought that thing back lol. I just had that fan sitting in garage for a week couple days ago lol.
What happens if I just run it as is? It doesn't come on hard just spins up for a couple seconds then gets quiet again.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.