7.3 PSD Shopping - I put appreciated

rman

Reaction score
Purchase a v8 triton gasser. Can’t beat it for the price and reliability. Easy to maintain and at or under 2500mi a year, it will last quite a long time.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
I wouldn't mind a 2v v10 if I could find one

Sent from my SIG Sauer

DieselDC

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a 2v v10 if I could find one

Sent from my SIG Sauer

How boys girls you have??? If you have a boy or two, they are sure going to love their old man when they turn 16 and can take over the obs/sd diesel! What kid doesn’t like Diesel’s unless they’re raised to be soft/complain etc....

Likewise I hear ya on the v10 6.8. They are beasts but dang they drink gas like a sob!

—————signature—————

EPA

Reaction score
Just about every kid I have seen driving a diesel is a spoiled whinny brat haha with the exception of and old beat up farm truck. My mother told me " nothing wrong with your legs boy, but if you want it work for it"... 2 summers of full time labor netted me a 77 w200 dodge a mildly built 413 bigblock swap. Plus paying them to add me and tge truck to the insurance policy.... I'm only 29... So you can imagine how I looked parking an old beat up truck at school haha... The bigblock swap was the game changer though..

rman

Reaction score
How boys girls you have??? If you have a boy or two, they are sure going to love their old man when they turn 16 and can take over the obs/sd diesel! What kid doesn’t like Diesel’s unless they’re raised to be soft/complain etc....

Likewise I hear ya on the v10 6.8. They are beasts but dang they drink gas like a sob!

—————signature—————
3 boys 1 girl. always wondered who'd want the 6.0.

The plan is to help them buy some trucks when they're 14ish and make them work to restore & mod by the time they're 16.
Just about every kid I have seen driving a diesel is a spoiled whinny brat haha with the exception of and old beat up farm truck. My mother told me " nothing wrong with your legs boy, but if you want it work for it"... 2 summers of full time labor netted me a 77 w200 dodge a mildly built 413 bigblock swap. Plus paying them to add me and tge truck to the insurance policy.... I'm only 29... So you can imagine how I looked parking an old beat up truck at school haha... The bigblock swap was the game changer though..
solid plan!

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

Reaction score
Checked out the 1997 with 460 today. XL package is bare, bare, bare. Not quite as clean as I expected, but still very good. Couple minor dents here and there, most of them look to be repairable if I even cared enough.

2 main concerns are a small oil leak, it could be anything. Researching the common causes and weight how much it's worth the trouble.
Other main concern is it has a 3.55 LSD. Only reason I even checked it when I punched it, besides it being a dog, I felt like I was in 1st for a year lol.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your help. I pulled a carfax, very clean. Was driven over 19k/yr for 4 years, 7k/yr for another 4 years, and roughly 1k/yr after that (4 owners).

I registered at 460ford.com and am trying to get some info. Guy dropped his asking $7000 and said he has some room. KBB average is $5700 and NADA is $6500. Aiming for $6k... but man those gears are gonna kill me lol.

Oh, and wife already said no modding.
I'm sure that'll change after a few months.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Checked out the 1997 with 460 today. XL package is bare, bare, bare. Not quite as clean as I expected, but still very good. Couple minor dents here and there, most of them look to be repairable if I even cared enough.

2 main concerns are a small oil leak, it could be anything. Researching the common causes and weight how much it's worth the trouble.
Other main concern is it has a 3.55 LSD. Only reason I even checked it when I punched it, besides it being a dog, I felt like I was in 1st for a year lol.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your help. I pulled a carfax, very clean. Was driven over 19k/yr for 4 years, 7k/yr for another 4 years, and roughly 1k/yr after that (4 owners).

I registered at 460ford.com and am trying to get some info. Guy dropped his asking $7000 and said he has some room. KBB average is $5700 and NADA is $6500. Aiming for $6k... but man those gears are gonna kill me lol.

Oh, and wife already said no modding.
I'm sure that'll change after a few months.

Sent from my SIG Sauer
If you were close by and the axles were the same I would swap my 4.10 geared rear end for yours. Doing 70 mph on the highway my tach reads 3k rpms which is very high lol. I want to put a higher gear in mine because of where mine is a 5 speed and 1st is geared low anyway. I can take off on a hill without using the throttle just release the clutch lol.

rman

Reaction score
If you were close by and the axles were the same I would swap my 4.10 geared rear end for yours. Doing 70 mph on the highway my tach reads 3k rpms which is very high lol. I want to put a higher gear in mine because of where mine is a 5 speed and 1st is geared low anyway. I can take off on a hill without using the throttle just release the clutch lol.
That would be perfect!

I am likely going to pass on this, for now at least. Wife isn't ecstatic, but then again she never is.

Still eyeing a 2003 v10, 168k. Going to be weird as I just sold my 2003 6.0, same color.

Communication isn't great with this seller but if I can view the truck and get him to come down on price, I'll jump on it.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.