bigger injectors and wmo???

TyCorr

Reaction score
Takes up a 3x6 area in the corner of my shop. Not bad. Im not.doing it anymore if.that tells you anything,lol.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I hear you, still a fair amount of work for free oil
And I'm no where near having a shop, we're in a town home at the moment

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Well yall have had better success then us. 4 trucks and all with the same result- ran fine no real lack in power BUT ungodly amounts of smoke at idle and while driving. ATF runs fine and minimal smoke. I havnt run oil in a few months just because all of the work/time to get it done and then it smokes. I was pulled over running down the highway because the smoke was that bad. Other then that it ran fine!!! So now we have a $1600 centrifuge and a bunch of equipment that isn't getting used.

my truck stock tune stock inj smoked bad after first tank
truck 2 has stg 2 inj and swamps custom tuning and lots of smoke all the time
truck 3 100% stock and smoke all the time after 1st tank
truck 4 ran just watf and light smoke at idle

10 micron filter, centrifuge, 2 micron and then pre and post tank filter in my truck!

I know one thing truck runs great on Diesel and doesn't smoke haha

TyCorr

Reaction score
Atf should smoke.more. More shti in it. So lemme ask, what are your egts like when the truck."just smokes like crazy"? The worst smoke I have seen with my own eyes is a 12v but it only smokes at idle.

Stock truck smoking like crazy with no tuning? Video?

I posted a youtube link on psn of me pulling out onto freeway from about 20-80 with a 100hp tune. It was clean. 80% wmo.

Lang

Reaction score
Atf should smoke.more. More shti in it. So lemme ask, what are your egts like when the truck."just smokes like crazy"? The worst smoke I have seen with my own eyes is a 12v but it only smokes at idle.

Stock truck smoking like crazy with no tuning? Video?

I posted a youtube link on psn of me pulling out onto freeway from about 20-80 with a 100hp tune. It was clean. 80% wmo.

Ty what was your fuel set up when you ran WMO?

nasty6.6

Reaction score
I have run all oil with little smoke but w70 all the way up smokes bad! Mixed with rug and also run the w80 mixed in with diesel. Ill fill up and post video after this weekends dyno maybe I have a weak injector but doesnt smoke at all on d2:shrug:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Guys, there is plenty of info here.

If you're on the fence but have a lot of clean, used oil around make sure you have a way to.filter the oil down to 2microns. Maybe filter it in stages. I recommend heating it somehow to help release suspended moisture. Then again, your #2 might have frikkin water in it and it goes straight into your tank. Anyway, filter it well. I did use the stock fuel bowl/filter when I was running this stuff but Id strongly urge you to run a pre/post pump filter setup just for the filtration increase.

If you have a good amount of oil and have some cash and want to really try this buy a centrifuge and the oil is as clean as can be. Then its just a matter of making sure you're truck is.mechanically up to the task.

Id filter it really well, try 5gals in a tank and see what happens. If you dont notice anything, you could.stop there or continue usage at 5 gal per tank to defray your fuel.cost and get rid of your expensive oil that recyclung places sell for $. Orrrrr, you could bump the amount up to 10 gal. Now you're at 1/3 concentration. The exhaust is going to start smelling like a gasser with worn rings. At idle you shouldnt have haze unless you do anyway. Bump this up to 15 gal. You are nearing 50% wmo. Expect idle.haze because the oil isnt burning up under 500°. You'll notice the truck runs really well. Fairly quiet.

Ive gone higher and only noticed worse haze at idle. Smells like burning oil, no.doubts. I was near 70% during the summer of 2010. I ran this way for two months. No issues other than the smell and haze at idle. Put stage 175/80s in and upon startup it smoked slightly worse than it did with stock injectors. The haze continues during driving until egts reach 600+(im guessing more fuel during injection). I dialed my usage back immediately after that first tank. Ran the level waaaay down and changed the fuel.filter. Filled with #2. When I reached the 3/4 tank mark I topped off with oil. Noticed nothing. Edit: I think some of my issues, although miniscule, could have been improved with an aftermarket high performance oil pump)

I kinda threw a little in here and there after the injector swap. Got busy and didnt really have time to keep my filter and burn operation going. I swapped to 100% nozzles and never used anymore wmo.

That was the conclusion of my usage. I have ten gallon jugs of filtered wmo in my garage that I just never ran. Id do it again but this time Id go.and get others used oil(buddy farms and said he produces about 100 gallons a month of used oil) and run it through a centrifuge. Filter it during filling my tank with it. The cats azz would be to have diesel and scrubbed oil in tanks.and have them."mix" as you fill up. You'd be at 50% concentration.

Last edited:

nasty6.6

Reaction score
we are done running wmo I hadnt had time to go collect oil and spin. If yall know anyone looking we bought a $1500 centrifuge, 2 250 gallon totes, and 12 dozen pennzoil 55 gallon drums. I use to work at a dealer as a diesel tech and had unlimited supply of oil. A while back I made a career change and dont have the oil or the time to go collect the oil. We bought the centrifuge about a year and half ago and it works great never had any issues with dirty oil. If yall know anyone looking for an oil cleaning set up make me an offer I can get pics of the entire setup.