CB Antenna mounting

chromehound

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going from dual to a single CB antenna and putting it on top of the cab. In the past when I mounted antennas on the roof I ran my coax through my third brake light hole. I've been thinking of drilling a hole big enough for my connector to go through then putting some type of plug around the wire and into the hole and sealing it with goo. Just curious if anyone has done this and if they regret it or not.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I would mount on the bed rail passenger side. Thats were mine is and I like it, just because im not a fan of cb entennas on roofs

RoadRash

Reaction score
I know you said never mind, but that's what I did. I drilled out the bottom of my third brake light just enough to fit the coax. Ran it into the cab up over the head liner and down my gauge pod. I never sealed up the hole with anything and it's been fine for a year now.

chromehound

Reaction score
Yeah normally I run through the 3rd brake light but was considering putting it farther forward and the only reason it's going on the roof is because I'm switching the exhaust to stacks and my antennas are Wilson 2000 Truckers and I think they would look wierd with a hood mount.

Chimera

Reaction score
This setup has always worked well for me, to bad you cant find these antennas anymore (they work better than the big wilson roof mount ones IMO)

261532_10150291533916265_514861264_9568839_6410890_n.jpg

Chimera

Reaction score
Its one of the old 1-piece design Radial Larson antennas with the heavy duty offroad spring, if you can find one of these, they last forever and have incredible range when tuned properly

oh yeah, they're not cheap either...that setup there for just the mount, coax, spring, antenna, and base, was almost $200

Latest posts

Members online