2006 Very Low Base Oil Pressure

ShaferDiesel

Reaction score
As the title says, we have an 06 here with 3psi at idle hot base oil pressure. It's enough to run and start just fine, but I'm chasing the problem for the customer and have run out of ideas. We expected the famous lifter needle bearings in the LPOP, removed it and it's in pristine condition, checked the filter drain valve, it's good. Just pulled the HPOP to look for missing o-ring or plugs and it's all good. Trucks runs nice as can be so it's not bearings. I've seen a oil galley plug come out behind the rear cover before but that didn't produce enough oil pressure to even get it started. HELP I'm out of ideas!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How's the oil filter stand pipe? Is the valve in place at top?

Hows the regulator moving in the front cover? Any scoring.

Reaction score
I ran into a broken main cap bolt years ago.went through all the typical stuff,dropped them pan to check the pickup and found it laying there.has no other symptoms besides low oil pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
I’ve seen a cam bearing come out and cause low oil pressure. Enough pressure to start and run but at idle the dash gauge would fall to zero. Found it when we pulled the pan to inspect pick up tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaferDiesel

Reaction score
Thanks guys, We'll keep looking, I hope to not pull the pan of course but it looks like that's the next step. Thanks for the ideas.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.