Built Trans

dthompson

Reaction score
Hey guys, been out of the 7.3 loop for a few years. My ol 7.3 trans laid down on me. Just wondering what everyone is using these days. This trans was in the truck 10 years ago and I know nothing about it. Truck has 250/100 sticks, 38r, etc. Was eyeing the diesel site trans. I know BTS was the answer for a long while. Truck only gets drove few times a year. Not a daily driver.

Just want some current opinions. Thanks

ncollins64

Reaction score
Unless you want the run around and a 8 month wait I’d stay away from BTS. John Woods is a good option and I’ve never installed one yet but know a lot of guys that have but Sam Wyse is a really awesome tranny. I don’t know anything about the diesel site pieces so can’t comment there.

CJunkie

Reaction score
I know someone who has a dieselsite trans in his 7.3. Tows with it and he loves it. If their transmissions are like their other products I've handled, im sure it's good.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

boss300

Reaction score
The Dieselsite trans is good. They lock their coast clutch on all the time except for in overdrive where is has to unlock. They do this for strength. I gave mine back to them because of this and they refunded 100% of my money. I like my truck to coast when I let off the throttle when it’s not going fast enough to be in OD. My tow tunes lock the coast clutch and give me engine braking only when I want it. I bought the billet parts and upgrades and had a local builder put one together for me.

Latest posts

Members online