HPOP Rez draining

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Took the back cover off the Jr pump and saw a few flakes of brass. Not good I believe. The rear fitting for the add on pump is smaller than the jr so need another adapter

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Stripped out one of the HPOP mounting threads on the front cover. Gonna try a little bit longer bolt and see if that works

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yeah seriously just helicoil it. I had a guy whose hpop I replaced, and over a year later, one of the bolt holes gave up. I pulled the hpop, used a 90 degree drill, installed heli coils, and it has been great since. Really not a bad job on a super duty. Obs is a bit worse only if it has stock turbo and fuel bowl.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I’m using dual IPRs. Trying to figure out if the haldex pump is letting pressure by. May have to take the second pump off and try it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got it started. With me having dual IPRs, I can’t leave an IPR unplugged in the stock hpop. The pressure will open it up. I put my “plug” back in. Still pretty sure the honey jr is bad. The brass flacks are not a good sign. Wish I knew how to take apart the HPOP.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Got it started. With me having dual IPRs, I can’t leave an IPR unplugged in the stock hpop. The pressure will open it up. I put my “plug” back in. Still pretty sure the honey jr is bad. The brass flacks are not a good sign. Wish I knew how to take apart the HPOP.
Where exactly are the brass flakes coming from?

live life full throttle

psduser1

Reaction score

Got a stock pump? Drop it in, and see what happens, after you change the oil/filter of course.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
No. The Jr. I actually put new conventional oil in it.

Should everything put back together now.

Jake why is the engine running ruff after just starting it up?

Hehe

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That’s old joke for Jake

He said I had air but in the end I had too much pressure and too low duty cycle.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got a question for you guys
If I run this plug
34708F38-232B-490B-9157-249C6BAC2317.jpg

And if the circled o ring on that plug leaks, will that cause the Rez to drain down?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What I should do is make the that o ring the same as what’s on an IPR. That fitting just has one o ring. Not the same.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Well something happen. Pulled out on the highway, started smoking god awful and knocking. I hoping it’s an injector o ring that is putting oil in a cylinder. Oil was pouring out of the exhaust side of the turbo. I want to put motorcraft o rings in. Haven’t pulled injectors out yet.

The start up and die in the morning was still happening. Was still doing it with an original IPR that was closed shut.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Don’t see any bad injector o rings. What do I need to check next?

Latest posts

Members online