No check engine light. No power

Derik_C

Reaction score
So, new update.... trucks starts and runs. On start up the truck is rough and shakey , touch fuel pedal it smooths out. Runs good until warm then seems to flood out or fall on its face. Then wont start until cold again. No codes other then those shown above. Those codes are after a buzz test.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So, new update.... trucks starts and runs. On start up the truck is rough and shakey , touch fuel pedal it smooths out. Runs good until warm then seems to flood out or fall on its face. Then wont start until cold again. No codes other then those shown above. Those codes are after a buzz test.

Those codes are the speed sensor in the rear end. Pull it out and see if it is covered with debris. It will make the truck do funky chit. I had one do that and one go bad. It would do all sorts of stuff..

You have to remember that a 7.3 powerstroke is very very dependent on every single sensor in the vehicle. There are over 400 sensors that have to jive with each other or they can be a nightmare.

live life full throttle

Derik_C

Reaction score
Those codes are the speed sensor in the rear end. Pull it out and see if it is covered with debris. It will make the truck do funky chit. I had one do that and one go bad. It would do all sorts of stuff..

You have to remember that a 7.3 powerstroke is very very dependent on every single sensor in the vehicle. There are over 400 sensors that have to jive with each other or they can be a nightmare.

live life full throttle
Wouldn't i see some sort of evidence in the speedo or shifting?

Derik_C

Reaction score
Didn't you say you couldn't get over 20mph?

live life full throttle
Only when symptoms are pressent.... from cold truck to almost warmed up.... i have plenty of throttle and mph. When truck is up to temp symptoms occur.

Derik_C

Reaction score
Almost seems to be dumping fuel. I have noticed mileage decrease but not a real lack in power.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Only when symptoms are pressent.... from cold truck to almost warmed up.... i have plenty of throttle and mph. When truck is up to temp symptoms occur.

That may be because it is in default until warmup.

Id still pull the sensor on the rear axle and look at it. Clean it off and install it..

live life full throttle

Derik_C

Reaction score
Will do..... truck has 225,000 miles, I purchased in 04 with 75,000. Should i be looking for injectors soon?

Derik_C

Reaction score
Fuel tank pickup screen is my bet
Well, i pulled the tank.... pickup screen was laying in the bottom. The two filter screens were black and could not see through them.... tank going back in the morning. We shall see what the outcome is.

Derik_C

Reaction score
Tank is in, truck runs! Thanks for the steering of the right direction. Tank screens was the culprit.