Torque specs

Zeb

Reaction score
Lol. Very correct on the impact... usually takes the studs breaking off for those types of guys to learn.

live life full throttle

Alright, just for grins, I did a little digging.
Our 03 Excursion’s owners manual say 150-165 ft lbs, and the lug nut is clearly stamped 150 ft lbs. My 05 dually is the same.
I have a 12 F250 in here for service. The owners manual says 165 ft lbs, and the lug nuts ARE NOT stamped with a torque spec.
All 3 owners manuals say clean, dry studs, and a drop of motor oil between the nut and washer.
So, I guess we can conclude that if a guy lubes the nut/washer, and torques them to 150-165 ft lbs he can rest easy. ;)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Alright, just for grins, I did a little digging.

Our 03 Excursion’s owners manual say 150-165 ft lbs, and the lug nut is clearly stamped 150 ft lbs. My 05 dually is the same.

I have a 12 F250 in here for service. The owners manual says 165 ft lbs, and the lug nuts ARE NOT stamped with a torque spec.

All 3 owners manuals say clean, dry studs, and a drop of motor oil between the nut and washer.

So, I guess we can conclude that if a guy lubes the nut/washer, and torques them to 150-165 ft lbs he can rest easy. ;)
Yep!!

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
There's like several very important steps to take when installing a wheel assembly. Are the lugs clean, how about the rotor surface, did you buff the corrosion from behind the wheel? Did you buff the center line? Did you draw the lugs in at a star pattern and only hand tight, did you then apply half torque yield, did you then lower so half the vehicle Weight is on the tires then full torque, for dually did you run around the block and re torque them??? For dually did you 180 the valve stems?

Zeb

Reaction score
There's like several very important steps to take when installing a wheel assembly. Are the lugs clean, how about the rotor surface, did you buff the corrosion from behind the wheel? Did you buff the center line? Did you draw the lugs in at a star pattern and only hand tight, did you then apply half torque yield, did you then lower so half the vehicle Weight is on the tires then full torque, for dually did you run around the block and re torque them??? For dually did you 180 the valve stems?

Bingo.

Amazing how few “tire shops” don’t clean the rotor and wheel mating surfaces.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Technically, if you look at the steel wheels on duallys, the valve stems are supposed to be lined up. If youve got one with all steelies, they have the 9th or 11th hole, depending on lug number, that the old 90s trucks had for the alignment pin.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online