Help troubleshooting

Majorpecs

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from Diesel Innovations. I had a set of stage 1's installed and then David installed a chip and tuned it for me. Made a huge difference in how the truck drove and sounded, but it still seems like something isn't right.

When I first got the truck back on cold start-ups it would smoke alot (white) and I would hear a high pitched squeak/squeal/clank noise (not constant, every few seconds or so). The smoke would stop after a couple seconds of actually driving, and the noise would go away after a few minutes.

It's been about a week and I don't hear the noise any more at all, but there's alot of white smoke on cold start-ups still.

One other thing I noticed the other day on the HOV lane, I rolled down the passenger window and listened to the exhaust and it sounds like gassers do when they have an exhaust leak.

What should I be checking?

I did pull the intake tubes off and cranked the engine, it seemed to be spinning fine, didn't see any metal on metal and when I turned off the engine it continued to spin smoothly.

golfer

Reaction score
how many miles on it (since the inj install)?

there's a chance that some oil/fuel came out the exh manifolds (through the turbo) and into the muffler(if equipped)...

and if you have less than 30-40-50 miles on it...it may just need to burn off the oil in the exhaust.

of course...there is the possibility that he totally jacked your truck up. LOL

j/k

Tom S

Reaction score
Have you spoken to David on this would be my question? I think the noise would be much more likely to be releated to something belt driven on the truck rather then internal. Was the AC on when it was making noise. I assume you are in Texas where it is hot already.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Just A LIL CLARIFICATION, I installed the chip another shop installed the injectors, that said pretty sure the turbo is on it's last leg.
The exhaust sound is a normal strait pipe sound with a stock down pipe.

Latest posts

Members online