Truck Stalling

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question, my truck started to stall on me today I'm not sure why yet. Im thinking my fuel pump might be going bad? How long does a usual stock fuel pump last with a slightly modded engines?

99xlstroker

Reaction score
From take off it will drop like below 500 rpm then come back up. Most of the time its fine but just a few times it would stall coming from a dead stop.

99xlstroker

Reaction score
i just full serviced it the other day. I just had the trans rebuild less than 6k miles ago. i noticed just tonight it would die if i would go between reverse and drive. I also just go fuel the other day as well, perhaps i got chit fuel?

DcMoore

Reaction score
If I'm understanding you right it almost sounds like your tc is locking up on you and stalling the truck.. Had the same exact problem on my e99. Turned out to be the solenoid pack. It would stall on me at random times. Going from reverse to drive and from a stop.

I would suggest hooking up a fuel pressure gauge and also getting it on a scanner to see what your numbers are. Kind of what ITUKMOR said.

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Ya ill have to get a scanner to check that out. You know now that you say that about it being in lock up thats kinda how it feels.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Go to the passenger side of the trans and take the solenoid connector off, clean it and put some di electric grease on it. Check your harness for rub marks (if you have 4x4 check and make sure the harness isn't rubbing on the front shaft) also, if the harness grounds out it lock the tc.

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Ok so its still doing it, and its not the fuel. I havent been able to get any gauges just yet on the account of my pap passing away this past week so i have my hands full with family stuff but as soon as i do i will post what i have read on them.

99xlstroker

Reaction score
Ok figured out why it was stalling... I come to find that IPR since it comes appart the lock nut on the back unscrewed itself from the base and now all is good again! Thanks for the help!

Tom S

Reaction score
Good find that little tin nut cam be a pain sometimes. I have blue locktite on mine.

Latest posts

Members online