2014 Ford Super Duty

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
Ok I've posted about this before but was wondering if anyone had any new information. Chevy has a new boxed chassis, wider leaf springs, beefed up rear axle, beefed up front suspension, and reported to have new interior by 2014. Now ram has an updated torque converter, bigger transmission cooler, retuned 6.7 cummins, and now with spy photos showing that they are going to a single large control arm like the super duty. I'm a die hard ford loyalists but been a little dissapointed with the super duty. The frame and axles haven't changed that much since 1999 except for the change from leaf springs to coil spring and the front grille changes. Yes I know the motor and transmission has changed drastically. But I'm curious if anyone has any inside news of what FORD is doing to take on competition?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Nothing they don't need to. There stuff is as strong with out having to constantly change what works. The old saying" if it ain't broke don't fix it " comes to mind.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
Even with Dodge transmission updates they still wont be worth Jack crap

Sent from somewhere between the middle of the corn field

Jason

Reaction score
Ford hasn't changed much, because they dont need to. Looks, and frame/suspension, etc. are far superior to the others. Front door edge back is perfrct, it may be a 14 year old design, but it works..the other brands get uglier and uglier, and I think Fordbwill be hard pressed to find a better, more masculine look than the current sd platform. Do I want to see this body have a 20yr run? Of course not..but where do you improve on it, without a total re-do, and getting gaudy?

I have a '06 3500 cc dodge for a work truck, 5.9 and 6 speed, and our 34' enclosed gooseneck empty is enough to squat the truck, not to mention once you throw a load in it. My f250 handles the same load/weight with less squat, than the dodge does. My truck also feels more solid under a load..both our dodges have a real floaty feel at speed, that is not there with my ford. Not to mention, the steering feel at speed..much more correction is done in the dodge, than in mine going down the road at 70.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Like others have said, why change something when there isn't anything wrong? My dads 2012 is solid, really solid. He puts his trucks through hell on our farm on a daily basis. In my opinion, his 2012 has done better than his 2008 did. He doesn't have near as many miles on it yet but so far it has been a great truck.

F350 Stupid Duty

Reaction score
According to GM, they upgraded their rear leaf springs to 3" wide... Ford has used 3" wide springs since '99, the 6000 lb front suspension rating... Ford has offered that since '05 on the 250/350 SRWs. So, all of those 2012 GM "HD" upgrades are old news in comparison. The new trucks these days are very close in performance and it really lies in brand loyalty and what you plan to do with it after the purchase - lifting, engine mods, etc...

Nic

Reaction score
they all said it...done...I drive a Ford because its a very well put together truck and always has been. As long as they keep the motor problems at bay, they will do just fine with the competition like they always have :ford:

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I think every truck has room for improvement in areas. I think ford just made a big mistake by removing a leafspring from the leafspring pack. and I hate to say it but th 2011 models seem to squat more then the 2008 models even though the 2011's are rated for heavier pay loads and that's with the same amount of weight in the bed. Also I think ford could use higher psi rated steel. Ford currently uses 36,000 psi tensile rated steel while dodge uses 50,000 psi and chevy uses 60,000 psi... Dont get me wrong I love ford trucks and would never buy a dodge or chevy and I'm not saying completely change the design I just think there is room for some improvement.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I will say that you are right, the newer ones do squat a little better, they also ride better though.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
There is a reason why Ford doesn't change anything to drastic and the competition does. Ford's chassis setup just WORKS. Nothing fancy or exotic. They were built to be work trucks. The engines are a different story. They spend more time changing those than the chassis. Chevy and Dodge keep making drastic changes cause they are trying to find a setup that will hopefully appeal enough to customers that they can get a reputable market share.

2011 sales numbers
Salescomparison.jpg

Why change?

Nic

Reaction score
There is a reason why Ford doesn't change anything to drastic and the competition does. Ford's chassis setup just WORKS. Nothing fancy or exotic. They were built to be work trucks. The engines are a different story. They spend more time changing those than the chassis. Chevy and Dodge keep making drastic changes cause they are trying to find a setup that will hopefully appeal enough to customers that they can get a reputable market share.

2011 sales numbers
Salescomparison.jpg

Why change?

THIS..but alot of this comes from fleet trucks to companies. But still..We rockin :rockon:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just because something is the best doesn't mean it can't be better. I really like my truck but the platform of it is getting dated. I would like to see what Ford comes up with for the next one. It will be hard to beat, but I think it can be done

bama29fan

Reaction score
its called continuous improvement. I work in the automotive industry (tier1 supplier to the OEM's) and the words continuous improvement are thrown around all the time.

They come in and audit suppliers and expect us to continuously improve....this involves everything from our quality, processes, safety, environmental performance, etc...

Im not gonna say they need a drastic overhaul but little changes here and there (more than just changing the grill) are a plus.

on a different note....i know a lot of people question Fords Quality. They actualy have a pretty extensive quality process called Q1. unless suppliers have met all of their requirements to become Q1 certified they will not be allowed to bid on future business for Ford.

But i often wonder why they are the last OEM hold-out on the 100,000 mile warranty since they have such a good quality process?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ford completely re did the interior for the 11 and up models. Also changed in 08 as well as 05. They are by far the nicest truck in and out. Only thing close is a denali HD. I have no doubt they will come up with something nicer but it isnt really needed

Crack85

Reaction score
Ford completely re did the interior for the 11 and up models. Also changed in 08 as well as 05. They are by far the nicest truck in and out. Only thing close is a denali HD. I have no doubt they will come up with something nicer but it isnt really needed

2012 Dodge Larmine Longhorn...Not sure if you have seen the interior...but it gives the Ford a run for its money....I hate GM...(Government Motors)

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Nice but i am not a fan of the king ranch interior either so i kinda leave them out. Orange leather or whatever color it is i cant take lol

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Nice but i am not a fan of the king ranch interior either so i kinda leave them out. Orange leather or whatever color it is i cant take lol

I wasnt either. I bought a Autumn Red 2012 King Ranch With the Black/King Ranch Interior.. Ill tell you this. Nicest interior of any truck I've ever seen, and the similarity of color between the Autumn Red and the King Ranch seats, makes for one gorgeous piece of equipment

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Now i did not know they made different colors. This peaks my interest! Googling now

Latest posts

Members online