Project Second Strike-----my REDEMPTION build

sootie

Reaction score
The local trans shop said4-500 to do the swap. I do have a lift and can get my hands on a trans jack. From what I have see it looks like getting the converter in place and bolted is the hardest part. Do i put fluid in the converter first? Thanks for the replies.

yes partially fill the converter. Make sure it is seated properly before getting the trans under the truck.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Me personally, I’d pay 4-500 to have it installed. Not saying I couldn’t, but the time saved and if something goes wrong with installation it’s on him not you.

I’ve done them before on gas trucks on my back in a drive way and it sucked. At least you have a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

107stroker

Reaction score
I installed my mishimoto intercooler and pipe today. Pretty easy install. Looks cool if nothing else. Will post some pics later.

107stroker

Reaction score
Heres a picture of the new intercooler. My son and I put my company name on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180130_190131_594.jpg
    IMG_20180130_190131_594.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 105

Jsexton

Reaction score
That's one sweet single cab...
Who's roll pan on the rear did y'all use.
And is that a drop kit one the truck...
I've been looking at a djm3/5 drop on mine but not sure yet....

107stroker

Reaction score
That's one sweet single cab...
Who's roll pan on the rear did y'all use.
And is that a drop kit one the truck...
I've been looking at a djm3/5 drop on mine but not sure yet....

Thanks a lot Jsexton. Its def a work in progress. Im not sure on the roll pan, it was on in when I got it from billetgarage. That info is prob in his build sheets. Yea its the DJM kit on it. Prob one of my favorite vehicles so far.

Jsexton

Reaction score
Iam fixing to do the djm, 3/5 drop on my truck.
I know you said on the front your running 275/55r20.... Does that tire fit good my off set is -12 so the tire sticks out only like a 2 inches...

107stroker

Reaction score
Iam fixing to do the djm, 3/5 drop on my truck.
I know you said on the front your running 275/55r20.... Does that tire fit good my off set is -12 so the tire sticks out only like a 2 inches...
Yea that tire will be fine. No clearance issues.

107stroker

Reaction score
Well its a work in progress for sure. I just got my trans in today. Bunch of billet stuff, precision industries converter, and all needed upgrades inside. Also having to replace/add ground straps for this trans warranty. First Ive heard of ground problems but hey what do I know. Cant wait to get this beast in this weekend.

Attachments

• 20180207_181253 (1).jpg
    20180207_181253 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82

107stroker

Reaction score
Alright guys tomorrow is the big day. I'm gonna put this transmission in ....or at least attempt to lol. I've got my fluid, trans jack, truck lift, new ground straps and hopefully all needed tools. Anybody got any last minute pointers to make this roll smoothly. Any help is appreciated. The converter came in the trans w fluid in it. I read thru the install sheet that came w it and it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks in advance:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sootie

Reaction score
Alright guys tomorrow is the big day. I'm gonna put this transmission in ....or at least attempt to lol. I've got my fluid, trans jack, truck lift, new ground straps and hopefully all needed tools. Anybody got any last minute pointers to make this roll smoothly. Any help is appreciated. The converter came in the trans w fluid in it. I read thru the install sheet that came w it and it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks in advance
Yours is a breeze because it's 2wd. Make double and triple sure the converter is seated properly on the pump gear before assembly or you will be pulling it out again. Bolt the case up and pull the converter to the flex plate with the bolts.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Prior to pulling the converter to the flex plate like sootie said, grab a stud and make sure the converter can turn. It has enough play to thunk thunk against the hole in the flex plate. That will ensure it is not bound up, like not fully seated in the pump. Also, do not pull the case to the engine using power tools. If it doesnt slide together smoothly at first, use something you cant put too much torque on to walk the trans to the motor. Sometimes the dowels are a bitch, but if you force it you can break the trans case, crush the pump, etc. Just go easy and it should be good. I use my 1/4in screw gun with the clutch set on 3...

107stroker

Reaction score
Yours is a breeze because it's 2wd. Make double and triple sure the converter is seated properly on the pump gear before assembly or you will be pulling it out again. Bolt the case up and pull the converter to the flex plate with the bolts.

The converter came installed and the builder said it was ready to be bolted in. I cant get my fingers behind the converter. The install sheet gave a measurement from the face of the bell housing and its there. The converter has 8 grade 8 bolts loosely in it ...I guess these are used to attach to the flex plate at 30 ft/lbs. Do I use lock tite?

Latest posts

Members online