Mad Turbo Werks stage 3:

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
There has been a lot of guys out there with a stage 3 turbo. I have built about 10 of them and wanted to start a post for them to give their results.

I also wanted to keep everone up to date on Brair's old truck. You may remember that Brair truck was live tuned by Eric at IDP, put down 630 rwhp with 190/100 injectors. He later backed it up with a 12.5 1/4 mile at 107 mph, well he got a killer offer on his truck and couldn't pass it up so he sold it. The guy who owns the truck lives in North Carolina, and has put 30,000 miles on the truck, daily driver, 1/4 track, tows, truck pulls. He has had no problems from the turbo and enjoys the truck every day. Thanks

MorganY

Reaction score
There has been a lot of guys out there with a stage 3 turbo. I have built about 10 of them and wanted to start a post for them to give their results.

I also wanted to keep everone up to date on Brair's old truck. You may remember that Brair truck was live tuned by Eric at IDP, put down 630 rwhp with 190/100 injectors. He later backed it up with a 12.5 1/4 mile at 107 mph, well he got a killer offer on his truck and couldn't pass it up so he sold it. The guy who owns the truck lives in North Carolina, and has put 30,000 miles on the truck, daily driver, 1/4 track, tows, truck pulls. He has had no problems from the turbo and enjoys the truck every day. Thanks

This is what I wanted to know, track times. They are impressive power wise, no doubt. It has even made more power than similar large VGT's on the same fuel setup. If I ever get another 6.0 here, I will put one on and put it through its paces, just to say I have ran one. You've got 9 other stage 3's out there. Stage 4 on James' and a stage 5 going onto Shawn's. I will be staying tuned.

(Posted with respect, and no BS :toast: )

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Shawn may not get a stage 5, I will get the first stage 5 since I will be doing a little research on some tweaks I have in mind. Shawn if he wants may test out the stage 6, since I won't have the bottom end strong enough to handle or big enough injections for that monster.

the chad

Reaction score
Adrian, the guy that bought briars truck is actually a really good friend of mine, we grew up together, he's on here somewhere ill get him to chime in if I can. He goes to Clemson. He had a problem with his hpop and some hp oil leaks, got those and the injectors taken care of and now it's spooling much better. Honestly not much behind my stg 2 at all.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Adrian, the guy that bought briars truck is actually a really good friend of mine, we grew up together, he's on here somewhere ill get him to chime in if I can. He goes to Clemson. He had a problem with his hpop and some hp oil leaks, got those and the injectors taken care of and now it's spooling much better. Honestly not much behind my stg 2 at all.

Hey, Chad Call me sometime I have new wheels coming in for your stage 2 that will update it. Also get to PHP dyno event in June and I can fix that fuel pressure problem for you. That crazy cheapo fuel system I have has been keeping up with my 205/150. I'm upgrading my fuel system for the 235/100 injectors, I'm putting in the truck next. I'll give you the parts off the cheapo system.

the chad

Reaction score
I appreciate it Adrian, ill give ya a shout tonight. I'd like to see what it does with no complications on the dyno and get some track times for ya.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Hey Adrian, Pete here. I actually am one of the guys waiting on a Stage 3. Got my order in a couple weeks before you shut things down.
We will be going to build it out as soon as the turbo arrives. Anything special I should know? Since I just joined this site I will list my engine mods here and then update my sig later: Truck is 2006 ECSB SRW 6.0 4x4 Lariat
Banks CAC
Elite Diesel Stage 2 fuel system
S&B Intake
4" Magnaflow Turbo back
58v BPD FICM
SCT Tunes by Eric - will be getting some live tuning by Vivian after build and during May 11 event
BPD Waterpump
Sinister Coolant Filter
ARP headstuds
During build we will be installing: Ported intake manny by Josh, Stage 3 MTW Turbo, 190/100's Full Force injectors, Strokers ypipe and uppipe coated and gaskets, 4" downpipe (for some reason mine is still 3.5" now), chromoly pushrods, valvetrain upgrade,
Transmission is stock 5R110. We will be installing direct drive solenoid during build

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that when we spoke last week you mentioned I should see around 650 hp with this setup...Hope you are right bro. Keep up the great work and tedious R&D. Can't be easy but sure as hell can be rewarding when chit comes together.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Just call Eric at IDP for your tuning for the Stage 3 and 190s. In my opinion, 650hp is a little lofty. I would expect low 600s if everything is tuned right and functioning the way it should be.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
Just call Eric at IDP for your tuning for the Stage 3 and 190s. In my opinion, 650hp is a little lofty. I would expect low 600s if everything is tuned right and functioning the way it should be.

:jawdrop:Thanks for the deflate Nate:flush:...but I'm still gonna hope for it!!!:D

GRKNCK73

Reaction score

Nate, I called IDP and they said Eric would send me the X Race tune....but they didn't know anything about a 'special' tune written for 190/100's with the MTW stage 3... Maybe I just presented the question wrong to them:shrug:

windrunner408

Reaction score
I emailed Eric directly and told him that I wanted the same live tune he did for Briar (the second guy to run a MTW Stage 3 with 190/100s) and he sent it to me.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
I emailed Eric directly and told him that I wanted the same live tune he did for Briar (the second guy to run a MTW Stage 3 with 190/100s) and he sent it to me.

Well, I just spoke to Ted at IDP (I'm pretty sure that's Eric's Dad) and he told me Eric will tune it per the mods I listed...he wasn't really interested in any live tune that was done for Briar. He actually said " I don't know who Briar is, we do hundreds of tunes every day"...
So I guess Eric will recognize the MTW with 190/100's combination and send me the best setup...
Ted said it will be the Extreme Race tune....So I guess that's right?

windrunner408

Reaction score
That's cool and makes sense. I got my tune from him right after he tuned Briar's truck. I'm sure he'll get you squared away.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse Ted, he's a little slow... Its Erics brother I believe. Better off just sending Eric an e-mail to get what you want.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
They're good guys. Drove up there before Christmas and they were super helpful and friendly. They're only 2 hours north of me. I'm sure Eric will recognize the mods and do it up right. Ted said tunes should be in my email box by 12 noon, so I'll keep you posted on what he sends.

Latest posts

Members online