E brake light comes on dash goes out

Decker

Reaction score
So recently my red e brake light comes on while I'm driving. Shortly after that my dash and radio go out. Lights still all work just everything goes dead. Then few moments after the dash power comes back on and red e brake light goes away. Brake work fine and still have power to engine but cluster basically shuts off.

Has anyone had this issue before?
I have done some reading on it people have mention could be sensor going bad, some say it's my vacume pump, and others say it's the a short in the shift lever. I don't want to just toss money at it. Any ways to really diagnose why it's happening.

Decker

Reaction score
It's random, mostly in the morning tho. Like I'll start my truck to warm up be fine but then when I back up out my driveway and then drive away it will happen.

I do not

bigaF250

Reaction score
That's gonna be a tough one. Could be pcm. Could be wiring harness. Somebody is gonna have to chase that one. I had something else on my mind with the cluster but it couldn't be that with these trucks.

Decker

Reaction score
Recently the light just comes on by itself doesn't always kill the dash now.
Anyone else have a idea?

Decker

Reaction score
So I've been getting this light more and more now. Starting to really bother me. So time to finally figure this out and fix it. Iv been doing some reading and ppl are saying it could be the brake switch under dash or could be vacuum pump. I didnt think the electric vacuum pump controlled the brake? Or is there another vacuum pump? I see e series have a mechanical but I haven't seen a mech on my f350. Also ready that the hydroboost could be going out but usually can tell if your pedal is spongy or stiff and mine goes down evenly.

Decker

Reaction score
Replaced the brake switch on the pedal with no change. When the light comes on it does not shut off my cruise. Any help would be appreciated!!

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Very likely a short somewhere I have one under the dash of my Jeep and it used to cause me to go through headlight fuses like they were candy but that was because it was a short straight to ground not a short across something like it sounds like you have. If I were you I would look up a schematic of your e brake light and your dash lights and start with poking around the e brake circuit with a multimeter then work your way from there

Decker

Reaction score
Fluid in the middle and could be a short because when light comes on my dash sometimes goes out.

Decker

Reaction score
On my way to work today dash went out. When I turn truck off the dash lights wouldn't go out so I pulled the ground wires to save battery. At break I went to see if the dash came back and it did. Tried to start the truck and would crank but not start. My sct guagea wouldn't come up saying error code 10007 and 210000. Any ideas?

Decker

Reaction score
Anyone? Thought my cluster went out. Put a new one in and no change.
Dash flicker and speedo bounces. Dome light flicker almost as a dead battery. Both Batteries had 12.5 v

Decker

Reaction score
Well while testing it the battery must of went down alot and that was the reason for no change. But the the cluster was the issue all along with everything going out and even the brake light issue.

Latest posts

Members online