Lets see your strobe light set-ups!

JD3020

Reaction score
Looking for some different idea's for strobe lights on my truck before i pull the trigger on anything. Hoping to get it lit up in the next couple weeks before we head north snowmobiling. Been watching some video's on-line, along with what we've done on some previous trucks and have a rough idea of what i want. But we're looking to go a little overboard on my truck. LOL Trucks a black '14 CCSB, and will be used for excavation work(mostly residential, busy neighborhoods and roads), snow removal, farm use, and whatever else. This is just what i've come up with at this point.

Starting in the front, thinking 1 or 2 on each side of the grill, and 1 down in the fog light pocket facing out towards the side of the truck. If i did 4 in the grill they would be amber on top and white on bottom in an "X" pattern. Would have 2 on the back of the toolbox, if i put one in. Strobes n More E3
E3SNGMT2LG.jpg

For down the sides have 1 of these on each of the cab step brackets, 3 on each side. Would be set-up with a flasher so they would be normal clearance lights, and then flash with everything else(i think that would work). Whelen OS series.

lbe-01410_2.png

For the rear i'm still undecided, thought about doing hide-a-ways' in the reverse lights and possibly front buckets, but not real sure. Or throw a pair of lights in down by the license plate. Also been looking at this Atomic 3rd brake light that has a strobe feature.

38ax02_02.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
In for this, I want to add two small strobes in be front of mine and Two in the back. All hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
Not exactly hidden, but I have flush mount LED cubes in my rear bumper I use for loading/unloading at night, extra reverse lights, etc. I've been looking at adding a strobe controller to them, in case I get caught on the side of the road/stop to help someone change a tire, etc.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/installation-accessories/40312

Attachments

• IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 113

Jomax

Reaction score
Not exactly hidden, but I have flush mount LED cubes in my rear bumper I use for loading/unloading at night, extra reverse lights, etc. I've been looking at adding a strobe controller to them, in case I get caught on the side of the road/stop to help someone change a tire, etc.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/installation-accessories/40312

That's honestly my main reason, I pull over quite often to help. At night, the strobes would make it WAY safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Please do not put those rigid cubes on a strobing controller...that's just plain hazardous to other drivers on the road. Maybe even increase the chance of someone to hitting you. The best warning lights create a good flood pattern that isn't directed into traffic's eyes.

To the OP, if you've already checked out Atomic, look at their 3/4" aux lights. They do just what you want, normal running light until you flip a switch then they flash. I have their cab lights and will be adding the aux lights to my running boards like you.

As far as brands, I really like Feniex and Code3 lights. Check them out, really high quality products and made in the US.

JD3020

Reaction score
How do you like your Atomic cab lights? I've seen a couple trucks in person and they look alright, but undecided on them.

Worst part about strobe lights is the cost gets out of hand quick. LOL Once i get done with this truck i also have my 01 F-450 i need to light up as well. More or less going to copy my 6.7, except its a dually with a flat bed so it'll be easy to mount some strobes on the bed. Already have a set of strobes in the shop to put on our new Kubota skid steer, and still need to get something on our mini-excavator as well as converting it over to LED cube lights. We might have an addiction to lights...

PDT1081

Reaction score
Hideaways in reverse lights generally suck for anything other than directly behind the vehicle. That said, if I were to do a completely "undercover" strobe setup, I'd start playing with these: http://www.strobesnmore.com/Feniex-Cannon-Undercover-Hide-a-way-LED.html in the reverse sockets, cargo sockets of the third brake light, and mirror turn signals.

I would then utilize the ungodly large turn signal buckets with either those or Whelen vertex, and use a relay to kill the parking lights when in operation. For an added bonus, I'd consider adding the same in the fog lights as well.

I currently use a Whelen Mini Century mounted on a simple headache rack that needs repainted.
20160615_100418.jpg

Keep in mind that for what you are describing, you most definitely want a high-mounted bar as well. Hideaways are mounted too low to be visible to traffic other than the lead car. When strobes are mounted high they can be seen over top of other traffic.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
How do you like your Atomic cab lights? I've seen a couple trucks in person and they look alright, but undecided on them.

Worst part about strobe lights is the cost gets out of hand quick. LOL Once i get done with this truck i also have my 01 F-450 i need to light up as well. More or less going to copy my 6.7, except its a dually with a flat bed so it'll be easy to mount some strobes on the bed. Already have a set of strobes in the shop to put on our new Kubota skid steer, and still need to get something on our mini-excavator as well as converting it over to LED cube lights. We might have an addiction to lights...

I really like the cab lights! They are a nice touch, everyone that I show the strobe feature to is blown away haha. My only gripe is that so far two have lost LEDs in them. I emailed atomic tho and no questions asked, had me shipped out 5 brand new lights that day. That's enough for me to say they are a good brand.

Oh and I definitely have an addiction...

superpsd

Reaction score
Bump. I have been thinking about playing with some strobes as well. Like to hear what others recommend.

jus10keith

Reaction score
Check out www.tomar.com they are what we have been using on our fire trucks lately. They are top notch products that are made for extreme duty use.

Also, look at www.feniex.com these are the controllers we use. They are all electronic and are programmable. They make LED hide-aways and their Cannon series is what we use as reverse lights/rear strobes.

FYI...I wouldn't drill the headlight housing to install hideaways in them. We were advised against going that route in our F-150s due to them not sealing up and getting moisture in them.

Last edited:

05wh250

Reaction score
I've got hideaways in the headlights and taillights, and the atomic led third brake light. The atomic light absolutely blew me away with fit and function. I'd have their cab lights if anything ever happens to the ones I've got on mine.

Zmann

Reaction score
ohh thanks
I didn't know Atomic had a 3rd brake light

EDIT = wow i just looked at a u tube that brake light has a lot or flashing red in some of the patterns
that's got to be a no no in many states ?

as soon as my junk Recon cab lights loose an LED I am going with Atomic strobes i like the fact they can be seen from the back also

Last edited:

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
ohh thanks
I didn't know Atomic had a 3rd brake light

EDIT = wow i just looked at a u tube that brake light has a lot or flashing red in some of the patterns
that's got to be a no no in many states ?

as soon as my junk Recon cab lights loose an LED I am going with Atomic strobes i like the fact they can be seen from the back also

All of atomics stuff can be bought in a variety of colors like red, blue, amber, green, etc. What one state has as a no no color, another has as their specified volly light. Take Ohio and Pennsylvania, in Ohio you'd be impersonating a police officer if you had blue lights on your vehicle, only red allowed for volunteer fire and amber for plow and utility trucks. But right next door in PA blue is the ONLY color you can have for volunteer fire and red is reserved for chiefs only. Just depends on you states regulations.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Here's my setup. I'll try to list out the stuff from memory but it's been a while lol

https://youtu.be/_ehMxWzN6dM

Atomic cab lights in red
Feniex Apollo visor bar, red and white
Feniex Cobra T6 surface mounts in the grille, 4 total red
Old whelen (I think) headlight flasher
Feniex Apollo F6 surface mounts on the toolbox, 2 on each side dual color red and white
Rear arrow stick interior bar is escaping me at this time...
Code3 hide-a-blast in the tail lights, white light in the red section
And finally feniex Apollo F6's on a license plate mount, red and white

All white lights can also be switched to steady burn for awesome scene lighting too, tied into the siren controller as right and left alley lighting, and takedowns. The rear white is just on an aux switch.

Would still like to add atomics 3/4 aux lights on the running board mounts...then I think it'll be done haha

Last edited:

jbolen323

Reaction score
im running recons 55w HID strobe kit with controller, its insanely bright and has a low power function also. Its pricey but if you use it often then its worth it. Havent seen anything come close even local sherriffs dont have the output power.

Redpower

Reaction score
I've got two 3 led flashers setup in my grille and 2 on my license plate in blue for the fire dept. Super bright and didn't cost a ton. I've sold several amber ones to farmers for use on farm machinery as they are way better than what is stock. You can see they are the small ones at the top of the pic.
IMG_0608_zpstechzdy6.jpg