Super Duty hydroboost in OBS

sdh1994

Reaction score
I've seen the hydroboost using the F-Superduty but can't find anything using the new set up. I am swapping to 05+ axles and steering and looking to see if the boost unit would work also.

79jasper

Reaction score
Hydroboost has nothing to do with the axles.
Or are you asking if the 05+ hydroboost will work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Peroni

Reaction score
It will but I was told by someone who used the SD booster that it wasn't worth the effort. The OBS F-SD part is SAE while the SD part is metric. Nothing lined up quite right and of course the F-SD hoses wont work either. If you have time to kill then go for it. Otherwise do yourself a favor and just use the F-SD booster which is direct bolt in.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there... Stock 05+ brakes without hydroboost in an OBS nearly throw me out of the ****ing windshield at 130

Strokersace

Reaction score
The SD hydro boost has different mounting stud locations. You have to knock them out and redrill. Also the actuator rod is too long going to the brake pedal. It had to be shortened. So the juice isn't worth the squeeze to run a SD unit.

The f-superduty obs unit is a direct bolt in. Correct rod length and mounting stud pattern.

I know because I've done it both ways. F-superduty is way easier in the long run.

And we'll worth it, regardless of "that dude". He's also the one that claimed in another thread that 08 axles have WAY bigger brakes than the 05-07 axles but is absolutely WRONG.

Peroni

Reaction score
If you go new on the booster I think RockAuto still has the best price around on a genuine Motorcraft. Brand new, not a reman. Beware reman boosters do not always include the pedal rod!

Latest posts

Members online