Pistons??

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Okay that all makes sense now. That's ALOT decked off the block, kinda makes you scratch your head why. I think when I decked my block we took it down like .005. Basically nothing

Like I said I've seen guys deck the pistons down .040 with no issues. So if you're .010 decked piston I'd say you're safe to deck down another .025 and then you're golden.

Hope you haven't had valve relief cut yet, that would really suck.

Last edited:

jtlane

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a 500+ monster if I drop the compression ratio the turbo won't spool the way I want the more compression the faster turbo spools it's going to be a dd idk why they would do it either I told,them but I have another block I called them today they said they could cut down a few pistons just to make them match man this is a bad machine shop

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well you got a few options... Tell them they they ruined the block and that you want all your money back and a good block... OR, you can ride that horse, deck those pistons down how you want them and then roll with it.

I know the struggle with bad machineshops. I've been lucky and found a halfway decent one in the midwest but when I still lived in Georgia it was quite an issue. Finding anyone who know about 7.3 performance was non existent. DP tuner and PHP was in my neck of the woods but were not easy to work with.

I wish you luck, you pretty much know your options at this point. Sucks!

You doing connecting rods and a bedplate while you're at it?

Latest posts

Members online