Truck Dies - CEL - P228F

bpan

Reaction score
I just installed my dual fuelers, truck runs great but at very low speeds the truck dies. Watching my fuel pressure if I "blip" the throttle my fuel pressure goes up, obviously but when it comes down it "bottoms out", when this happens sometimes the truck dies, other times the RPMs drop but it recovers. I am reading that this is most likely the fuel pressure regulator. The only thing thats weird is I have never had this happen before the dual fuelers. My tuner is working on trying to tune it out right now, but maybe I'm best to just replace the regulator?
Suggestions?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
This happened with my truck. It is because the tune you received was for a single injection pump tune. Once I received the proper dual injection pump tune it stopped doing the dropping RPM and fuel pressure dealio....

I hope you don't have gremlins with dual injection pumps like I'm having every now and then. I've had my truck loose fuel pressure and die, pop low fuel pressure codes and have low fuel pressure at idle. So far I've just changed my fuel pressure regulator but still had issues after. Funny thing is that it will only do it every 4-5 weeks and then be fine haha.

Last edited:

bpan

Reaction score
That's really odd. That's what my tuner said as well with the tune not being for dual fuelers. So he sent me a different tune, and added more fuel down low. It masked the problem, making the truck not die most of the time, but you can see its still there. That's so weird what you are describing with the problem appearing every few weeks though.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's really odd. That's what my tuner said as well with the tune not being for dual fuelers. So he sent me a different tune, and added more fuel down low. It masked the problem, making the truck not die most of the time, but you can see its still there. That's so weird what you are describing with the problem appearing every few weeks though.

what tuner/tuning ?

bpan

Reaction score
UPDATE: got my FPR replaced, the truck no longer dies. It was rusted, which I expected. But also has very fine shavings in it..... so that's not good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.