Washing/Detailing

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Job all done and I think it looks pretty damn good. Everything polished up good and covered in Opticoat. I am really happy with it so far. The biggest thing was the water spots on the roof, hood and windows. All gone now and looking like a mirror. Can't wait to see it outside in the real world. The guy is a real professional and did a great job on the paint.

Jomax

Reaction score
Job all done and I think it looks pretty damn good. Everything polished up good and covered in Opticoat. I am really happy with it so far. The biggest thing was the water spots on the roof, hood and windows. All gone now and looking like a mirror. Can't wait to see it outside in the real world. The guy is a real professional and did a great job on the paint.

Pics man!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, the Tesla was the next car. Come to find out, he does mainly upper end cars.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, the Tesla was the next car. Come to find out, he does mainly upper end cars.

Guys like him usually do. Moms mini vans never pay well.. and only people with nice vehicles care to pay the extra money for a good job because they actually care.

99% of car owners just want a shiny car with tire shine.

04cr450

Reaction score
Guys like him usually do. Moms mini vans never pay well.. and only people with nice vehicles care to pay the extra money for a good job because they actually care.

99% of car owners just want a shiny car with tire shine.

and a "black ice" car air freshner in the rear view LOL

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
So a question for you guys big into the detailing here. I ordered some Chemical Guys Jetseal. I'm wondering what the proper prep before applying it is. My truck only has about 800 miles on it. I need to claybar it? If so, will using a detailer, etc with the claybar leave a layer that won't let the jetseal apply? Looking for any tips here. Thanks.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
So a question for you guys big into the detailing here. I ordered some Chemical Guys Jetseal. I'm wondering what the proper prep before applying it is. My truck only has about 800 miles on it. I need to claybar it? If so, will using a detailer, etc with the claybar leave a layer that won't let the jetseal apply? Looking for any tips here. Thanks.

Easiest way to tell if you need to clay bar is to put your hand in a plastic bag and run the tips of your fingers over the paint (while they are inside the bag). Any bumps you feel are contaminants bonded to the paint that need to come off with clay bar.

Detail sprays typically have wax-type agents to help shine things up, but shouldn't impact the ability of stuff to stick on top of it. I personally am not a fan of ceramic coating paint, but a lot of folks are doing that these days. For a daily driver that sees a lot of outside time I like liquid paint sealant and for garage queens I use a paste wax.

I'm also an Adam's snob. I spend more time detailing my truck than I do driving it anymore :p.

redneck1

Reaction score
I would recommend claying the truck. It's a pain to do, but if there's any chance it was delivered by rail, I wouldn't hesitate. Chemical guys makes clay blocks that work good. I'm partial to most chemical guys stuff, but sealants I'll take wolfgang any day. Longest lasting I've used. Buy some v07 for after every wash, works on paint, chrome, and paint.

Let us know how the long term is on that jetseal. I'm curious to try it. Hate detailing, but love the results!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I personally don't claybar without at least using a polish afterwards. No matter how hard you try not to, claybar will mar the paint. So the polish takes any wax off left by the spray detailer and any marring left by the clay bar gets cleaned up, plus you're left with a flawless finish.

Jomax

Reaction score
I would recommend claying the truck. It's a pain to do, but if there's any chance it was delivered by rail, I wouldn't hesitate. Chemical guys makes clay blocks that work good. I'm partial to most chemical guys stuff, but sealants I'll take wolfgang any day. Longest lasting I've used. Buy some v07 for after every wash, works on paint, chrome, and paint.

Let us know how the long term is on that jetseal. I'm curious to try it. Hate detailing, but love the results!

You should try some other brands. I was never a fan of CG. They have mastered advertising, I'll give them that LOL.

redneck1

Reaction score
I'm a lot partial because I get them on Amazon, lol. I agree with the polishing to get rid of the marring. Prep work will play a big part on how good it looks and how long it lasts.