OBS Stage 3 trans setup

JayTee013

Reaction score
I run a BTS. After my local $5k 'built' trans grenaded after 30,000 miles. Replaced with a pick and pull trans a buddy had laying in his shop and drove out to Arkansas from CT in 2010 to have mine rebuilt. Brian is the bomb. Awesome guy. Even had a few purplish pink transmissions from people who had tried other vendors and were left unsatisfied laying on the shop floor waiting to be rebuilt. Back then he was about two months out for a rebuild. To this day the trans shifts and pulls amazing. When Brian pulled apart my 'built' trans he basically showed me all the differences between what he uses and what was in my basically stock trans with a shift kit. Luckily I had got the trans from a buddy who totalled his truck not long after the rebuild so I had much less than the $5k invested.

The cool thing was after an 8hr day of Remove, Rebuild and reinstall and Brian taking me out to lunch and paying... He didn't like the way how harsh my converter lockup felt on the test drive (felt fine to me). At 6:00pm he pulled my truck back in the shop, pulled the trans out of the truck (by himself, everyone else in the shop had gone home at this point), completely disassembled and changed one orifice size by about .010". Then reassembled and test drove. Totally unnecessary in my opinion but shows the level of detail and perfection he pursues... 6.5 years and 50k later that thing still locks up with a velvety firm (is that a thing) feel. The trans is still the best part of the truck! Its perfect! And in the few times I have had issues, (alternator both times sending erratic signals to the ECM) Brian personally talked me thru it both times and had in him on speaker phone in the cab as i talked him through what was going on as I drove.

BTS all the way!!!!!!!!

jjsalz

Reaction score
I run a BTS. After my local $5k 'built' trans grenaded after 30,000 miles. Replaced with a pick and pull trans a buddy had laying in his shop and drove out to Arkansas from CT in 2010 to have mine rebuilt. Brian is the bomb. Awesome guy. Even had a few purplish pink transmissions from people who had tried other vendors and were left unsatisfied laying on the shop floor waiting to be rebuilt. Back then he was about two months out for a rebuild. To this day the trans shifts and pulls amazing. When Brian pulled apart my 'built' trans he basically showed me all the differences between what he uses and what was in my basically stock trans with a shift kit. Luckily I had got the trans from a buddy who totalled his truck not long after the rebuild so I had much less than the $5k invested.

The cool thing was after an 8hr day of Remove, Rebuild and reinstall and Brian taking me out to lunch and paying... He didn't like the way how harsh my converter lockup felt on the test drive (felt fine to me). At 6:00pm he pulled my truck back in the shop, pulled the trans out of the truck (by himself, everyone else in the shop had gone home at this point), completely disassembled and changed one orifice size by about .010". Then reassembled and test drove. Totally unnecessary in my opinion but shows the level of detail and perfection he pursues... 6.5 years and 50k later that thing still locks up with a velvety firm (is that a thing) feel. The trans is still the best part of the truck! Its perfect! And in the few times I have had issues, (alternator both times sending erratic signals to the ECM) Brian personally talked me thru it both times and had in him on speaker phone in the cab as i talked him through what was going on as I drove.

BTS all the way!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is really cool Brian did that for you. At this point I'm definitely leaning towards a BTS trans, or John Woods. I'm leaning more towards Brian's. It's about an 11 hour drive for me but that's no big deal if it's a one and done trans. Plus the support it sounds like he provides is priceless IMHO.