Shift points onot Daily and Tow tunes

KPSquared

Reaction score
I just put a hydra in my '01. Custom tunes from a reputable tuner.

I HATE the way it shifts but I'm not sure what to ask him to fix. It drops into OD at 50mph unless you're standing on it. Does the same in the tow tune. Also seems like the TC unlocks almost as soon as I let off the pedal.

On gravel roads you're between 45-50mph all the time and is useless if it's in OD.

I just switched from DP. I like the power, EGTs, lack of clatter with these tunes but Jody's shifting was bang on.

What do I tell my tuner? Just what I posted or do I need to be more specific?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just tell them what your experiencing and then what you'd like it to do. Shift points are easy for them to change, only thing is that you'll be turning 2000 rpm at 50 unless it's in OD. Same as running at 70 down the highway. How long have you had the tunes like this? I'd try getting used to it and learning how to drive it the way it is for a little while if you haven't already. Either that or just turn off OD when you're on the dirt roads. Reason I say that is that's basically what your asking the tuner to do anyway, and you'll like it to drop into OD at 50 on hard roads.

My econo tune drops into OD at 45 and I love that on dirt roads at 50. It's got enough RPM to keep the turbo going and it unlocks and downshifts with a quick flick of my foot if I need it to.

Last edited:

KPSquared

Reaction score
Your dirt roads must be harder than mine. I can't maintain speed in OD. Just bogging until it kicks down. 2000rpm is perfect. Right now I have to drive with the OD turned off or it's almost undriveable.

dsberman94

Reaction score
And yes. Our dirt roads consist of modified gravel that the townships haul in and it gets packed down with clay overtime to become harder than hell to the point where they can plow them during the winter and won't tear them up.

Latest posts

Members online