Instrument Cluster Goes Black

PlatinumScorpion

Reaction score
Any ideas what could be causing the below? My guess is it's going to be hard for a dealer to fix since it's sporadic.....

Driving, Regardless of Cruise or Any Setting (previously thought it was a cruise issue it's not)

Instrument Panel Pops up a Message Infering the Truck Was Turned Off IE vehicle is not in park or cruise not available

Instrument Panel Tunrs Off - Including RPMs and Speed

All Other Vehicle Functions Constinue to Work Including the Entertainment Center

After 1-2 Minuted Instrument Panel Comes Back Alive

I pulled the 7.5 fuse that is shared for the Instrument Panel and the AC , nothing wrong with it

I also unhooked the batteries but have not driven it enough to see if it's still going on since

Unintended consequence of unhooking batteries my TPMS is only reading one wheel now ..... good times

Help is Appreciated

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
oh wow! any way you can get the panel off to reach under the dash to wiggle wires while driving.. almost sounds like a connection issue with it being intermittent... but who knows, as technologically advanced as the new trucks are, I could see it being some sort of corruption in the brain box...

sorry I could be anymore help.. get it back to ford for warranty or find someone with IDS or forscan to see if anything pops up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PlatinumScorpion

Reaction score
I don't think it's a hard wire issue mainly because before it blacks out it gives warnings that would be appropriate if I had turned the truck off IE "vehicle not in park". My assumption is a program or issue with the push button start but who knows....

TPMS is back up and running so that's good.

Will see what the tech says tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.