white smoke after wot

20156point7

Reaction score
Today after merging on the freeway I done a good wot run too about 90, after letting off I looked in my mirror and there was a cloud of white smoke coming out my exhaust. So I done another pull and after I let off sure enough more white smoke. It takes about 2 seconds after I let off for the white smoke too come. What could be the cause of this? I've been on a diet for 30k, and I run as/gh race tune daily.

Jomax

Reaction score
Could very well be turbo seals. How many miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20156point7

Reaction score
Could very well be turbo seals. How many miles?

Im pretty sure that's what it is. Im only at 33k, 30k on a race tune. I ran early tuning that was crude for a majority of that time that would regularly push 40-42 psi of boost. It owes me nothing, been absolutely abused in every way possible but I've always done routine maintenance.

Jomax

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that's what it is. Im only at 33k, 30k on a race tune. I ran early tuning that was crude for a majority of that time that would regularly push 40-42 psi of boost. It owes me nothing, been absolutely abused in every way possible but I've always done routine maintenance.

Mine will push 40psi if run hard. Truck hasn't left the race tune in 60k miles.

Might as well upgrade the turbo!!

20156point7

Reaction score
Mine will push 40psi if run hard. Truck hasn't left the race tune in 60k miles.

Might as well upgrade the turbo!!

The truck still has tons of power, you couldn't tell anything is wrong with it minus the cloud of white smoke. Oh well I was planning on a turbo upgrade soon anyways

20156point7

Reaction score
switched to the tow tune and ran it for a while and the smoke is getting worse. I need to diagnose this problem quick. ive checked everything under the hood and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

sootie

Reaction score
switched to the tow tune and ran it for a while and the smoke is getting worse. I need to diagnose this problem quick. ive checked everything under the hood and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

pull the intake and check shaft play on the turbo. disconnect your downpipe at the lower ball socket and see if there is oil in it.

Latest posts

Members online